My dad's sick

  • LINDA TANT MILLER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I just got word from my stepmother that my dad is near death. He got pneumonia, and his heart is only working at 20%. They asked her about whether or not to resuscitate him if his heart stops, and she said "no", because they told her it would break lots of bones and cause him lots of pain, and his broken bones won't heal. It's a broken knee that hasn't healed for 3 years now, that's the source of his current health crisis.

      I'll be going to Whidbey Island tomorrow, and I don't know how long I'll be gone. If I get a chance to get on his computer, I will check in and let everyone know how things are going.

      Please pray for God to ease his suffering, and his passing. I can't believe he'll really die - I can't imagine a world without my Dad, but it's a day that comes to most of us, if we live long enough. I am just grateful that I've had him this long. Life gets really hard when you get old and start losing the people you most love. Hold yours close and show them your love every day, because you don't always have any warning before you lose them.

      Peace and Blessings,
      Linda