Happy Birthday, America!

  • prisonministry@HotPOP.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      On July 4, 1776, The United States claimed its independence from Britain
      and Democracy was born. Every day thousands leave their homeland to come to the
      "land of the free and the home of the brave" so they can begin their American
      Dream. The United States is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic people.

      Each year on July 4, Americans celebrate that freedom and independence with
      barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings.

      For us, friends and partners in Jail and Prison Ministry world-wide this day
      is also a day of prayer for those who are separated from their families by
      prison walls. We pray for lonely forgotten souls behind bars and for houses with
      empty chairs at holiday tables.

      Through the Internet we are learning about and communicating with Prison
      Ministries of different nations, with different languages and different churches
      throughout the world. As we learn, we can state, we have one in common - love to
      our King and Lord Jesus Christ and our true Independence and Freedom in Him.

      Bringing the Prison Ministries of the world closer with understanding and
      knowledge can only benefit all of us. Celebrating an all-American event makes us
      closer!

      Happy 4th of July! Happy Birthday, America!

      Jack "Murf-the-Surf" Murphy
      http://prisonministry.net/jm

      Email: http://prisonministry.net/jm/email