John Moss Denied Clemency

  • Linda Tant Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27 11:08 PM
      I'm so sorry I didn't get this word out on Friday evening, when I first learned of it, but I have just been too heartsick and grief stricken to face having to write the words to let everyone know the outcome.

      We thought we had until around the first of the month before Governor Huckabee would make a determination on John's case, but that turned out not to be the case.

      The information I got from John's mom indicates that the reason for the denial of John's clemency bid was the LINKS to my other Arkansas web sites from Jonn's site. I find this - not hard to believe - but outrageous, if true. John's mom was heartbroken and crying so hard it was difficult to understand everything she said, so there is a chance she misunderstood the message and I am trying to find out for sure WHY such an unjust decision was made by the governor of Arkansas.

      If it's true that the state of Arkansas is determined to keep in prison for the rest of his life, a man who is innocent of the crime for which he's in prison AND doing an illegal sentence if he HAD been guilty, simply because his friends tell the truth about the ADC, I hope everyone will join me in letting the governor know that that fact PROVES the truth of all the negative things I have published relative to the Arkansas Department of Correction.

      I am so upset about this that I'm going to have to take a few days off and see where we stand with this; whether or not there's any recourse; whether or not the governor could change his order if we could change his mind; things like that.

      The petition has 1,040 signatures as of this moment. I thank everyone so much for their support of John's bid for justice and I hope that you will continue to encourage others to sign the petition until it goes to the governor on June 30, as a form of protest over this continuing miscarriage of justice.
      http://www.petitiononline.com/johnmoss/petition.html

      Thanks again for your support.

      Peace and blessings,
      LINDA TANT MILLER
      Prison Reform Unity Project (PRUP)
      http://www.prup.us
      October 16 is
      PRISON REFORM UNITY DAY 2004
      A society of sheep must in time beget a
      government of wolves - Bertrand de Juvenal