5 days and counting!!

  • Linda Tant Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2004
      Dear Friends

      I am happy to report that we have now surpassed 1,000 signatures on John Moss' Petition! Thank all of you who have signed, from the bottom of my heart!!

      BUT, there are still 5 days left until the petition is sent to Governor Huckabee, and we have good reason to believe that the Governor's staff is keeping an eye on the petition even before it reaches him.

      Last week, a member of the Free John Moss Campaign - a retired Caption for the Arkansas Department of Correction - had a meeting with Cory Cox, the Governor's Policy Advisor for Criminal Justice.

      During that meeting, Mr. Reed made Mr. Cox aware of the Free John Moss Campaign, the web site and the petition. Mr. Cox had his assistant pull them up and began reviewing them during the meeting. We take that as a strong signal that his office will be watching the petition and campaign.

      Mr. Cox will be submitting his recommendation to the governor, "in a couple of weeks", which is why I set the petition to go to the Governor on June 30. We still have 5 days to get as many signatures as possible, and it's VERY IMPORTANT for Mr. Cox's office to see the numbers growing daily.

      If you have not done so, please sign and forward this message. Even if you've signed and forwarded it before, PLEASE continue to forward it, as not all who haven't yet signed are disinterested. For some, it just wasn't at a time when they felt like clicking and waiting for a link to open. We've all been there - sometimes you just don't even have an extra minute right then. When it comes around when folks DO have time, they sign.

      PLEASE HELP KEEP THE SIGNATURE COUNT GROWING DAILY!
      http://www.petitiononline.com/johnmoss/petition.html

      Heartfelt thanks to all who are supporting this bid for JUSTICE!

      Peace and blessings,
      LINDA TANT MILLER
      Prison Reform Unity Project (PRUP)
      http://www.prup.us
      October 16 is
      PRISON REFORM UNITY DAY 2004
      A society of sheep must in time beget a
      government of wolves - Bertrand de Juvenal