Yahoo Groups vs. Forum

  • George Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      Sorry Motie, can't help you with that one. I have a cable modem and the pages just appear. I wasn't aware that they took time to d/l on a dialup. Perhaps then for you the forums would be faster? For a lot of the lists I don't read/reply online, I get them in my email box and reply there so I avoid those annoying ads. When I am online though I do the same as you, open up a bunch of windows and read multiple boards simultaneously. Perhaps the only way around that would be to host groups on the FSP website itself, though I am sure that would cost time and money that the FSP could better spend elsewhere.

      George

      Re: Maybe you can give me a hint on how to speed up my participation? How
      Re: do you classify this group? As a forum, email list, or other? I
      Re: access it online with a dial-up account, and it is SLOW!
      Re: My normal procedure is to open 6 windows, to 6 different groups.
      Re: While I read one page, the other 5 are downloading. The hitch comes
      Re: when every 4th message on each page is an advertisement, so I end up
      Re: downloading 5 pages for every 4 messages posted.
      Re: When I post a Reply, like this one, I click on "REPLY" wait for the
      Re: page to download, type in my message, click send, then wait while it
      Re: downloads a page that tells me my message has been posted,
      Re: click "CONTINUE", and wait for the message I replied to, to download
      Re: again, then click "NEXT" to download the next message.
      Re:
      Re: Trying to access with my Yahoo email account is even slower.
      Re:
      Re: This may be considered off-topic for this group, but if access is a
      Re: PITA, participation becomes a PITA.
      Re:
      Re: Motie

      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup