(Fwd) Re: [smith2004-discuss] RATIONAL REVIEW: Smackdown on th

  • Mary Lou Seymour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2003
      OK, heres a reply from Steve. (the con FSP article on RR).
      To: smith2004-discuss@yahoogroups.com
      From: Steve Trinward <steve@...>
      Date sent: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:31:12 -0600
      Subject: Re: [smith2004-discuss] RATIONAL REVIEW:
      Smackdown on the Free State
      Project
      Send reply to: smith2004-discuss@yahoogroups.com

      ML - I confess that (largely since I have no interest in moving
      anywhere, love Tennessee & Nashville in particular, and have other
      priorities here and now?) I have not spent much time perusing the
      site, or participating on discussion lists, etc., on this topic...

      Most of what I know or don't know comes from

      (a) a general impression of what I had seen about the project; and

      (b) the live presentation (by Jason and his colleague, whose name is
      somewhere in my LNC notes...) at the LNC meeting in D.C. last month
      (In which I raised most of these issues in the Q&A afterward, having
      just thought of each of them during said presentation.)

      I did not get what I considered satisfactory answers to my concerns at
      that time; I felt rather that those issues were not being addressed
      strongly enough in the presentation.

      Much in the same way as I did with my now year-old analyses of the
      Massachusetts electoral and initiative campaigns, I mostly wanted to
      show what at least one perspective on the FSP leads one to believe
      about it. I am delighted that at least some of my biggest concerns are
      being addressed, though I did not clearly get that impression from
      Jason (maybe part of it was that I was still waking up, due to the
      time change, and anticipating the long two days ahead at the LNC
      meeting?)

      Thanks for clarifying this and correcting it; maybe it would be good
      to cross post that to the RR discussion area, so the record is set
      straight...

      - Steve

      --
      Peace, Liberty ... and "Hope" < http://jpfo.org/hope.htm >
      Steve Trinward

      Visit my CafeShops store! < http://www.cafeshops.com/trinwords >

      Check out Rational Review, monthly contemporary commentary &
      analysis
      ... all libertarian, all the time: < http://www.rationalreview.com/ >
      And Rational Review News Digest < http://www.rationalreview.com/news

      for Liberty News -- fit to print or not!

      "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either
      quit being mistaken or cease to be honest!" - Source Unknown

      "The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal
      vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the
      consequence of his crime, and the punishment of his guilt." - John P.
      Curran, 1790

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/