Re: [FSP] Re: [fspcrackerbarrel] Re: FSP--a question of policy

  • Kevin Tuma
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 6, 2003
      The all-or-nothing mentality here is a problem. Those who split can still be
      allies
      with those from whom they have split. I call for COALITION in the freedom
      movement.

      This all reminds me of the Constitution Party and the Libertarian
      Party--competing with each other. "I don't like those people," some
      libertarians will grumble, "they want to create a Theocratic society". "I
      don't like Libertarians," some Constitution Party folk will gripe, "they
      support abortion and licentiousness."

      Both are basically true charges--about social issue platforms that are as
      unlikely as a snowball in hell of ever being politically implemented! Yet
      both parties are made up of patriots who believe in Freedom, who want to see
      this country returned to the Constitution of our forefathers.

      Neither party can get 1% of the vote--why do they bother having a
      competitive attitude with each other? Their only real competition exists in
      the form of the Republicans and the Democrats. And their competition in that
      context is sadly lacking--because both parties are poor and ineffectual when
      it comes to public relations.

      We need more unity out here in the constitutional hinterlands. We must
      establish alliances, despite group differences, and move ahead toward a
      common cause.

      --Kevin Tuma