Re: [FSP] Re: [fspcrackerbarrel] Re: FSP--a question of policy

    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 30, 2002
      >Please take this as the most constructive of criticism: I believe you folks are underestimating our chances. The Free State Project will get 20,000 signatures before you know it. It has only begun to attain publicity. --Kevin Tuma

      I'm with Kevin, and I hope he's right! Let's Roll, Porcupines! ---Tim Condon

    • Kevin Tuma
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 6, 2003
        The all-or-nothing mentality here is a problem. Those who split can still be
        allies
        with those from whom they have split. I call for COALITION in the freedom
        movement.

        This all reminds me of the Constitution Party and the Libertarian
        Party--competing with each other. "I don't like those people," some
        libertarians will grumble, "they want to create a Theocratic society". "I
        don't like Libertarians," some Constitution Party folk will gripe, "they
        support abortion and licentiousness."

        Both are basically true charges--about social issue platforms that are as
        unlikely as a snowball in hell of ever being politically implemented! Yet
        both parties are made up of patriots who believe in Freedom, who want to see
        this country returned to the Constitution of our forefathers.

        Neither party can get 1% of the vote--why do they bother having a
        competitive attitude with each other? Their only real competition exists in
        the form of the Republicans and the Democrats. And their competition in that
        context is sadly lacking--because both parties are poor and ineffectual when
        it comes to public relations.

        We need more unity out here in the constitutional hinterlands. We must
        establish alliances, despite group differences, and move ahead toward a
        common cause.

        --Kevin Tuma