Re: [FSP] The hardest part

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
      --- In freestateproject@y..., "Bob Compton" <bobc@v...> wrote:
      > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that
      doesn't want
      > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of
      us with
      > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially.
      I realize
      > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our
      spouses
      > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move
      closer to
      > them... Just a thought... Let me know.
      >
      > BC.
      >

      > > sounds pretty good I live in Northern Ca. SO maybe we can have
      some small get togethers and get some social support going on.

      Greg

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@n...>
        wrote:
        > now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county
        prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point...
        and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

        > by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her
        objection?

        > c.
        >
        > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]\

        Her thing is her family. SHe misses her mom and dad. I moved her
        400 miles away from central Ca. to Northern Ca. It was definately a
        better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states
        like that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

        Greg
      • Mary Lou Seymour
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
          > It was definately a
          > better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states like
          > that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

          Hmmm. Anyway to convice Momma to join the FSP? That'd be an easy
          solution!
        • archy
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
            Is there an airport in the locality where her mom and dad reside? If
            there's air service from the locality in which you resettle, that
            might help her to see them as often as you do now.

            Indeed, passenger and freight air service access and development for
            the future of *our* state is something that is at least as important
            as the availability of seaports, aside from the possible choice of
            Alaska. And as such facilities are added or service is developed [20k
            potential customers statewide likely wouldn't be much of a customer
            base, but 5k more in a single major/capital city might be] that might
            smooth the move for other porcupines as well.