Re: [FSP] The hardest part

  • Jason P Sorens
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
      On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Bob Compton wrote:

      > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that doesn't want
      > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of us with
      > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially. I realize
      > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our spouses
      > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move closer to
      > them... Just a thought... Let me know.

      There actually are local groups meetings being organized all the time!
      Some are in California. Check out the forum for local groups:
      http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=14
      Local groups that already are having scheduled meetings can be found here:
      http://www.freestateproject.org/localgroups.htm

      Jason P Sorens---jason.sorens@...---http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35

      http://www.freestateproject.org - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., "Bob Compton" <bobc@v...> wrote:
        > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that
        doesn't want
        > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of
        us with
        > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially.
        I realize
        > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our
        spouses
        > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move
        closer to
        > them... Just a thought... Let me know.
        >
        > BC.
        >

        > > sounds pretty good I live in Northern Ca. SO maybe we can have
        some small get togethers and get some social support going on.

        Greg

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
          --- In freestateproject@y..., "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@n...>
          wrote:
          > now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county
          prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point...
          and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

          > by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her
          objection?

          > c.
          >
          > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]\

          Her thing is her family. SHe misses her mom and dad. I moved her
          400 miles away from central Ca. to Northern Ca. It was definately a
          better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states
          like that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

          Greg
        • Mary Lou Seymour
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
            > It was definately a
            > better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states like
            > that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

            Hmmm. Anyway to convice Momma to join the FSP? That'd be an easy
            solution!
          • archy
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
              Is there an airport in the locality where her mom and dad reside? If
              there's air service from the locality in which you resettle, that
              might help her to see them as often as you do now.

              Indeed, passenger and freight air service access and development for
              the future of *our* state is something that is at least as important
              as the availability of seaports, aside from the possible choice of
              Alaska. And as such facilities are added or service is developed [20k
              potential customers statewide likely wouldn't be much of a customer
              base, but 5k more in a single major/capital city might be] that might
              smooth the move for other porcupines as well.