Re: [FSP] The hardest part

  • Gold Standard Press
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
      now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point... and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

      by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her objection?

      c.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
        On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Bob Compton wrote:

        > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that doesn't want
        > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of us with
        > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially. I realize
        > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our spouses
        > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move closer to
        > them... Just a thought... Let me know.

        There actually are local groups meetings being organized all the time!
        Some are in California. Check out the forum for local groups:
        http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=14
        Local groups that already are having scheduled meetings can be found here:
        http://www.freestateproject.org/localgroups.htm

        Jason P Sorens---jason.sorens@...---http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35

        http://www.freestateproject.org - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
          --- In freestateproject@y..., "Bob Compton" <bobc@v...> wrote:
          > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that
          doesn't want
          > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of
          us with
          > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially.
          I realize
          > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our
          spouses
          > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move
          closer to
          > them... Just a thought... Let me know.
          >
          > BC.
          >

          > > sounds pretty good I live in Northern Ca. SO maybe we can have
          some small get togethers and get some social support going on.

          Greg

          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Greg
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
            --- In freestateproject@y..., "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@n...>
            wrote:
            > now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county
            prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point...
            and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

            > by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her
            objection?

            > c.
            >
            > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]\

            Her thing is her family. SHe misses her mom and dad. I moved her
            400 miles away from central Ca. to Northern Ca. It was definately a
            better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states
            like that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

            Greg
          • Mary Lou Seymour
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
              > It was definately a
              > better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states like
              > that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

              Hmmm. Anyway to convice Momma to join the FSP? That'd be an easy
              solution!
            • archy
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
                Is there an airport in the locality where her mom and dad reside? If
                there's air service from the locality in which you resettle, that
                might help her to see them as often as you do now.

                Indeed, passenger and freight air service access and development for
                the future of *our* state is something that is at least as important
                as the availability of seaports, aside from the possible choice of
                Alaska. And as such facilities are added or service is developed [20k
                potential customers statewide likely wouldn't be much of a customer
                base, but 5k more in a single major/capital city might be] that might
                smooth the move for other porcupines as well.