The hardest part

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
      The hardest part of this whole idea is talking my wife into it. She
      of course thinks I am crazy. I like the way we are thinking. it is
      a good plan to prove that this could work. And to prove that extreme
      freedom can work. Now if i can talk my wife into it. But i figure
      i still have a few years to do in, so we'll be fine..
      Greg
    • Jason P Sorens
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
        On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Greg wrote:

        > The hardest part of this whole idea is talking my wife into it. She
        > of course thinks I am crazy. I like the way we are thinking. it is
        > a good plan to prove that this could work. And to prove that extreme
        > freedom can work. Now if i can talk my wife into it. But i figure
        > i still have a few years to do in, so we'll be fine..
        > Greg

        Yes, spousal consent is a very serious issue for many of us, myself
        included. ;) My wife isn't willing to move to Alaska, so we had to opt
        out of that state, even though I personally think it's a good candidate.
        For some ideas on how to persuade your spouse to agree to the FSP, check
        out this discussion:

        http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=207

        Jason P Sorens---jason.sorens@...---http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35

        http://www.freestateproject.org - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?
      • Bob Compton
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
          Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that doesn't want
          to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of us with
          spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially. I realize
          there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our spouses
          could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move closer to
          them... Just a thought... Let me know.

          BC.

          > The hardest part of this whole idea is talking my wife into it. She
          > of course thinks I am crazy. I like the way we are thinking. it is a
          > good plan to prove that this could work. And to prove that extreme
          > freedom can work. Now if i can talk my wife into it. But i figure i
          > still have a few years to do in, so we'll be fine..
          > Greg

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Gold Standard Press
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
            now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point... and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

            by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her objection?

            c.

            The hardest part of this whole idea is talking my wife into it. She
            of course thinks I am crazy. I like the way we are thinking. it is
            a good plan to prove that this could work. And to prove that extreme
            freedom can work. Now if i can talk my wife into it. But i figure
            i still have a few years to do in, so we'll be fine..
            Greg

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Jason P Sorens
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
              On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Bob Compton wrote:

              > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that doesn't want
              > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of us with
              > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially. I realize
              > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our spouses
              > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move closer to
              > them... Just a thought... Let me know.

              There actually are local groups meetings being organized all the time!
              Some are in California. Check out the forum for local groups:
              http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=14
              Local groups that already are having scheduled meetings can be found here:
              http://www.freestateproject.org/localgroups.htm

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
                --- In freestateproject@y..., "Bob Compton" <bobc@v...> wrote:
                > Hey! I have an idea! I'm in the same shape with a wife that
                doesn't want
                > to move out of the Peoples Republic of California. Maybe, those of
                us with
                > spouses not wanting to move should get together somehow socially.
                I realize
                > there's great distances between many of us, but if a few of our
                spouses
                > could just see how nice the other folks are they may want to move
                closer to
                > them... Just a thought... Let me know.
                >
                > BC.
                >

                > > sounds pretty good I live in Northern Ca. SO maybe we can have
                some small get togethers and get some social support going on.

                Greg

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
                  --- In freestateproject@y..., "Gold Standard Press" <gsp76@n...>
                  wrote:
                  > now tell me something... wouldn't it be nice to have some county
                  prototypes we could have "in the bank" by 2006 at which to point...
                  and perhaps bring your wife to see first hand?

                  > by the way, what is the hard part of the "talk into"? What is her
                  objection?

                  > c.
                  >
                  > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]\

                  Her thing is her family. SHe misses her mom and dad. I moved her
                  400 miles away from central Ca. to Northern Ca. It was definately a
                  better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states
                  like that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

                  Greg
                • Mary Lou Seymour
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
                    > It was definately a
                    > better move but when I start talking about maybe idaho and states like
                    > that she starts telling me that she'll miss her momma.

                    Hmmm. Anyway to convice Momma to join the FSP? That'd be an easy
                    solution!
                  • archy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
                      Is there an airport in the locality where her mom and dad reside? If
                      there's air service from the locality in which you resettle, that
                      might help her to see them as often as you do now.

                      Indeed, passenger and freight air service access and development for
                      the future of *our* state is something that is at least as important
                      as the availability of seaports, aside from the possible choice of
                      Alaska. And as such facilities are added or service is developed [20k
                      potential customers statewide likely wouldn't be much of a customer
                      base, but 5k more in a single major/capital city might be] that might
                      smooth the move for other porcupines as well.