Re: [FSP] Where We Can Best Succeed

  • Gary Snyder
    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 1, 2002
      Heather James <hsj1015@...> wrote:
      >The states on the eastern seaboard are _not_ in "flyover country". They are in an area that the feds
      >and media consider worthy of attention. The less attention we have from such
      >people, the better our chances of success.

      A very frustrating aspect of being a libertarian is that our views are rarely, if ever, expressed in the mainstream media. We are not part of the public debate.

      If the success of the FSP results in our views becoming exposed and part of the public debate, and if being located in the east (and therefore "media-worthy") contributes to it, I can think of no greater reason to choose, say, Delaware.

      Gary

    • Krikket
      Message 63 of 63 , Nov 4, 2002
        At 02:52 PM 11/4/02, you wrote:
        >--- In freestateproject@y..., Heather James <hsj1015@e...> wrote:
        >
        > >But they are much more willing to interfere with personal freedom
        >than MT. I am interested in practice, not preaching.
        >
        >Heather - How do you explain this?
        >
        >http://usff.com/hldl/frames/50state.html

        A data point is not a statistical trend.

        We could exchange data points all day. All it would prove is who has more
        time on their hands. Now if someone could prove a trend, we could get
        somewhere.

        Krikket