Migrating Porcupines?

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2002
      >I told my friends in Northern Wisconsin and the "U.P." that I had it all
      >figured out..when the leaves LEAVE, I Leave! When they come back, I'll
      >come back! To be a legal resident, you have to be there 50% of your time
      >plus one day. My brother straddled between Asheville, NC and Pensacola,
      >Florida for several years. the difference in no state income tax Florida
      >and killer tax North Carolina was startling. I'll probably do the same
      >thing between
      >the FreeState and Florida Gulf coast.
      >JW

      Ditto Jim. I told my wife, who is *very* dubious on moving to or
      living in Montana, New Hampshire, Alaska, or Idaho, that there's no
      problem, we'll be up there during the summer and down here in Florida
      during the winter (where we'll be during spring and fall is still in the
      negotiating stages). Tim C.
    • Dan Weiner
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2002
        If Montana or Idaho is chosen, I will live in their "banana belt". Those two are my first choices. I understand the weather there rarely dips much below freezing, and it's dry, which helps. I can wear shorts in New Mexico if the temp is above 40 degrees. I am less concerned with temp readings than how it feels. The Dakotas strike me as too much, and will be hard for me to do. Like I said, I plan to make a trip in late January (usually the coldest time of the year) and see how it goes. If it is tolerable, then I am good to go. If I turn into an icicle, I will be less than enthused, though I might do it anyways. Freedom means a lot to me, and Texas is getting tiresome...

        Dan Weiner

        Gun Control: The notion that Matthew Shepard tied to a fence post in Wyoming is morally superior to Matthew explaining to the local sheriff how his attackers got all those fatal bullet holes.
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 3, 2002
          I am glad to see that I am not the only Texan, lol. I think it would be nice to have snow for a change.

          ~*~ Shannon ~*~
          Have a nice day!
          Carpenter Family Website

        • motie_d
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2002
            --- In freestateproject@y..., "Dan Weiner" <dcweiner@h...> wrote:
            > If Montana or Idaho is chosen, I will live in their "banana belt".
            Those two are my first choices. I understand the weather there rarely
            dips much below freezing, and it's dry, which helps. I can wear
            shorts in New Mexico if the temp is above 40 degrees. I am less
            concerned with temp readings than how it feels. The Dakotas strike me
            as too much, and will be hard for me to do. Like I said, I plan to
            make a trip in late January (usually the coldest time of the year)
            and see how it goes. If it is tolerable, then I am good to go. If I
            turn into an icicle, I will be less than enthused, though I might do
            it anyways. Freedom means a lot to me, and Texas is getting
            tiresome...

            > Dan Weiner

            Have you done any research on Crane County Tx? I heard of an
            organization there that is doing nearly the same as the FSP, on a
            smaller scale. A place to go while waiting for the final state to be
            chosen?
            Motie