Re: [FSP] Indigenous libertarians

  • Phyllis
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2002
      --- Mary Lou Seymour <libertymls@...> wrote:

      > Hopefully, once we eliminate or vastly reduce STATE
      > regulations (land
      > use, licensing, etc) and state taxes (income, property,
      > sales), we will
      > have created an atmosphere of free market freedom in
      > which the
      > formerly indigent will begin to prosper, thus when we at
      > last "throw off"
      > the Federal chains (tell the Feds to shove off with their
      > welfare, both
      > individual and corporate), our citizens will no longer
      > need the govt dole.

      I concur. As one who is currently on the dole (social
      security & medicare) while working full time as often as I
      can find employment, I intend to collect ss just as long as
      I need it to survive and to save money for the move. I
      fully expect that, in an atmosphere where I am not expected
      to retire because of my age, I will be able to maintain
      sufficient employment.

      Phyllis

      =====
      When Hitler came for the Jews... I was not a Jew, therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned. Then, Hitler attacked me and the
      Protestant church and there was nobody left to be concerned. Pastor Martin Niemoller

      "May you live all the days of your life" - Jonathan Swift

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • Todd Shoenfelt
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2002
        > > Where I lived in Alaska, there were an awful lot of people on some
        > > form or other of the dole. Might not be in such a hurry to kill the
        > > golden egg-laying Federal goose...
        >
        > Hopefully, once we eliminate or vastly reduce STATE regulations (land
        > use, licensing, etc) and state taxes (income, property, sales), we will
        > have created an atmosphere of free market freedom in which the
        > formerly indigent will begin to prosper, thus when we at last "throw off"
        > the Federal chains (tell the Feds to shove off with their welfare, both
        > individual and corporate), our citizens will no longer need the govt dole.

        I think this deserves emphasis. Go for the quickest wins. State
        education, taxes, regulations, etc..., are the best place to focus
        efforts. After proving a free state is possible, the Fed's intrusions
        can be addressed.

        > Its an experiment. It may not work. But it's a chance, whereas if we (or
        > any state) simply "cut off federal $$" by seceding (which is the only way
        > it would be allowed to happen), chaos would result, with the inevitable
        > result of a more totalitarian govt than before.

        I have to differ here. Freedom from the Fed would not be chaotic. Can
        you ellaborate on the chaos you foresee?

        Todd
      • Mary Lou Seymour
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2002
          > I have to differ here. Freedom from the Fed would not be chaotic.
          > Can you ellaborate on the chaos you foresee?

          I was referring to the chaos that would result IF we "cut off the Fed"
          BEFORE getting our state into "freedom mode".