RE: [FSP] Digest Number 233

  • Jason P Sorens
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2002
      On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

      > I think it might be valuable to factor in projections for population
      > growth. If a state makes the cut now but is projected to grow by 30% by
      > the time the move will be complete, that might threaten the FSP's power to
      > influence policies there. "Solitar" posted some demographic projections on
      > the forum site and they seemed quite useful to me, although IIRC they were
      > for the year 2020 (2010 might be more important for us).

      Yeah, they were rather distant projections. We should have a better idea
      whether a state is growing too fast a year from now. Of the 10 states I
      listed, Idaho is the fastest-growing one.

      Jason P Sorens---jason.sorens@...---http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35

      http://www.freestateproject.org - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?