Re: [FSP] Cooperation?

  • revitaliser
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
      --- In freestateproject@y..., "Elizabeth McKinstry" <emckinst@h...>
      wrote:
      > Okay, like what?

      IMO, the FSP shouldn't reflect in-principle support for a specific
      type of government, especially if it appears to be in conflict with
      what libertarianism stands for. The earlier-suggested change of the
      word "sole" into "maximum" in the FSP Pledge would be a big
      improvement. I'd also take out the reference to "citizen". But, if
      it were up to me, I would never have started with a classical
      liberal statement in the first place. The LP National Platform,
      specifically the SOP and preamble would be a good place to start
      looking for alternative wording, but perhaps we should wait a few
      days to see what comes out of the Platform Committee Meeting at the
      National Convention. Personally, I strongly doubt that the LP will
      change into a classical liberal party.
    • revitaliser
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote: