Re: [FSP] Cooperation?

  • Phyllis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
      What's your point?

      Phyllis

      --- revitaliser <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Please be more specific. You are not getting your
      > message
      > > across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)
      >
      > In message # 4131, you yourself supported change,
      > Phyllis!

      =====
      The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a
      vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors
      failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was
      time.--George Sutherland, 1862-1942 US Supreme Court Justice

      "May you live all the days of your life."
      - Jonathan Swift

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • revitaliser
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., "Elizabeth McKinstry" <emckinst@h...>
        wrote:
        > Okay, like what?

        IMO, the FSP shouldn't reflect in-principle support for a specific
        type of government, especially if it appears to be in conflict with
        what libertarianism stands for. The earlier-suggested change of the
        word "sole" into "maximum" in the FSP Pledge would be a big
        improvement. I'd also take out the reference to "citizen". But, if
        it were up to me, I would never have started with a classical
        liberal statement in the first place. The LP National Platform,
        specifically the SOP and preamble would be a good place to start
        looking for alternative wording, but perhaps we should wait a few
        days to see what comes out of the Platform Committee Meeting at the
        National Convention. Personally, I strongly doubt that the LP will
        change into a classical liberal party.
      • revitaliser
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
          --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote: