Re: [FSP] Cooperation?

  • Elizabeth McKinstry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
      Okay, like what?

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: revitaliser <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FSP] Cooperation?
      Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 04:21:50 -0000

      > I just don't quite get what you mean.

      If the FSP expects support from lib groups, then IMO the FSP should
      be changed to reflect libertarian principles.

      -- Elizabeth M. McKinstry
      Organizing member of the Free State Project
      "Liberty in Our Lifetime"
      http://www.freestateproject.com

    • revitaliser
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote:
        > Please be more specific. You are not getting your message
        > across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)

        In message # 4131, you yourself supported change, Phyllis!
      • Phyllis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
          What's your point?

          Phyllis

          --- revitaliser <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Please be more specific. You are not getting your
          > message
          > > across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)
          >
          > In message # 4131, you yourself supported change,
          > Phyllis!

          =====
          The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a
          vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors
          failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was
          time.--George Sutherland, 1862-1942 US Supreme Court Justice

          "May you live all the days of your life."
          - Jonathan Swift

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • revitaliser
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
            --- In freestateproject@y..., "Elizabeth McKinstry" <emckinst@h...>
            wrote:
            > Okay, like what?

            IMO, the FSP shouldn't reflect in-principle support for a specific
            type of government, especially if it appears to be in conflict with
            what libertarianism stands for. The earlier-suggested change of the
            word "sole" into "maximum" in the FSP Pledge would be a big
            improvement. I'd also take out the reference to "citizen". But, if
            it were up to me, I would never have started with a classical
            liberal statement in the first place. The LP National Platform,
            specifically the SOP and preamble would be a good place to start
            looking for alternative wording, but perhaps we should wait a few
            days to see what comes out of the Platform Committee Meeting at the
            National Convention. Personally, I strongly doubt that the LP will
            change into a classical liberal party.
          • revitaliser
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
              --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote: