Re: [FSP] Cooperation?

  • Phyllis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
      Please be more specific. You are not getting your message
      across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)

      Phyllis

      --- revitaliser <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > I just don't quite get what you mean.
      >
      > If the FSP expects support from lib groups, then IMO the
      > FSP should
      > be changed to reflect libertarian principles.

      =====
      The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a
      vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors
      failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was
      time.--George Sutherland, 1862-1942 US Supreme Court Justice

      "May you live all the days of your life."
      - Jonathan Swift

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Elizabeth McKinstry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        Okay, like what?

        If the FSP expects support from lib groups, then IMO the FSP should
        be changed to reflect libertarian principles.

        -- Elizabeth M. McKinstry
        Organizing member of the Free State Project
        "Liberty in Our Lifetime"
        http://www.freestateproject.com

      • revitaliser
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
          --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote:
          > Please be more specific. You are not getting your message
          > across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)

          In message # 4131, you yourself supported change, Phyllis!
        • Phyllis
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
            What's your point?

            =====

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
              --- In freestateproject@y..., "Elizabeth McKinstry" <emckinst@h...>
              wrote:
              > Okay, like what?

              IMO, the FSP shouldn't reflect in-principle support for a specific
              type of government, especially if it appears to be in conflict with
              what libertarianism stands for. The earlier-suggested change of the
              word "sole" into "maximum" in the FSP Pledge would be a big
              improvement. I'd also take out the reference to "citizen". But, if
              it were up to me, I would never have started with a classical
              liberal statement in the first place. The LP National Platform,
              specifically the SOP and preamble would be a good place to start
              looking for alternative wording, but perhaps we should wait a few
              days to see what comes out of the Platform Committee Meeting at the
              National Convention. Personally, I strongly doubt that the LP will
              change into a classical liberal party.
            • revitaliser
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
                --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote: