Re: [FSP] Cooperation?

  • Elizabeth McKinstry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3 9:18 PM
      Hmmm, not sure what you're saying... It sounds like it's an important
      concern to you, I just don't quite get what you mean.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3 9:21 PM
        > I just don't quite get what you mean.

        If the FSP expects support from lib groups, then IMO the FSP should
        be changed to reflect libertarian principles.
      • Phyllis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3 9:35 PM
          Please be more specific. You are not getting your message
          across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)

          Phyllis

          --- revitaliser <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > I just don't quite get what you mean.
          >
          > If the FSP expects support from lib groups, then IMO the
          > FSP should
          > be changed to reflect libertarian principles.

          =====
          The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a
          vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors
          failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was
          time.--George Sutherland, 1862-1942 US Supreme Court Justice

          "May you live all the days of your life."
          - Jonathan Swift

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Elizabeth McKinstry
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3 9:37 PM
            Okay, like what?

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3 9:39 PM
              --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote:
              > Please be more specific. You are not getting your message
              > across. (or I just getting senile? 8>)

              In message # 4131, you yourself supported change, Phyllis!
            • Phyllis
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3 9:45 PM
                What's your point?

                =====

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3 9:53 PM
                  --- In freestateproject@y..., "Elizabeth McKinstry" <emckinst@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > Okay, like what?

                  IMO, the FSP shouldn't reflect in-principle support for a specific
                  type of government, especially if it appears to be in conflict with
                  what libertarianism stands for. The earlier-suggested change of the
                  word "sole" into "maximum" in the FSP Pledge would be a big
                  improvement. I'd also take out the reference to "citizen". But, if
                  it were up to me, I would never have started with a classical
                  liberal statement in the first place. The LP National Platform,
                  specifically the SOP and preamble would be a good place to start
                  looking for alternative wording, but perhaps we should wait a few
                  days to see what comes out of the Platform Committee Meeting at the
                  National Convention. Personally, I strongly doubt that the LP will
                  change into a classical liberal party.
                • revitaliser
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3 9:54 PM
                    --- In freestateproject@y..., Phyllis <adelaide31@y...> wrote: