Re: [FSP] Massachusetts to vote on abolition of state taxes

  • Elizabeth McKinstry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 8:35 PM
      While this is another offtopic post, I will respond briefly to note that the
      Mass LP is possibly the most corrupt LP org in the nation, the measure has
      no chance at success, and Carla Howell is a publicity hound with little or
      no cooperation or willingness to work with other lib groups/candidates.
      When another tax group (CLT) announced recently that they were backing the
      measure, Carla attacked them for not having pure enough motives, and told
      them to keep their vote. Any press release from Carla/Cloud/Israel is not
      to be trusted.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 9:04 PM
        > little or no cooperation or willingness to work with other lib
        > groups/candidates.

        Does the FSP show "willingness to work with lib groups"? The FSP
        Pledge still calls for members to support a society in which the
        sole role of civil government is the protection of citizens' life,
        liberty, and property.
      • Snyder, Gary
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4 7:45 AM
          While I have no first hand knowledge to directly refute any of Elizabeth's
          below comments, I will respond briefly to note:

          1. The "most corrupt LP org" accusation is a strong one, and I would think
          should be accompanied by evidence or explanation.

          2. How do you define "success"? If it's on the ballot it's got a shot. And
          simply being on the ballot, with any associated publicity, took
          work/organization and is a good thing.

          3. Regarding the "publicity hound" and "cooperation" comment...hell, it's
          all relative.

          4. Regarding CLT, I suspect there's more there than meets the eye.

          I'm not from MA, but there's no denying the accomplishments of Howell/Cloud
          in spreading libertarianism. 12% in a senate race, getting the tax measure
          on the ballot, and outreach via media all make me feel good, at this moment,
          that they're around.

          Gary
          Sent from my Comstar Wireless Handheld (www.comstarinteractive.com)

[...]

          This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.