[FSP] Re: TLE Article

  • elizabeth_freestate
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 3, 2002
      Jason is working on a response to the TLE article, but anyone
      who wants to write a letter to the editor of TLE is encouraged:

      EditorTLE@...

      --- In freestateproject@y..., "James B. Sheridan"
      <jimmersheridan@y...> wrote:
      > Those who cannot paint, become art critics.
      >
      > =====
      > Will someone please invent a decent alternative fuel, so that
      we can tell the Middle East to go screw?

      > http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Suggesto
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 8, 2002
        --- In freestateproject@y..., simplulo <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >[Voting] is a tool of the people, not the state.
        >
        > That is what attracted me to the FSP: while everyone is strongly
        > libertarian, they have a good-humored tolerance for the variations
        > that you are bound to find among 20 of us, let alone 20,000....

        Steve, you may or may not know just how *radical* that statement
        above *is*! One of the things that has struck me in the 30 years or so
        I've been a libertarian is how *little* "good-humored tolerance" there
        is among them. Everyone seems bound and determined to force everyone
        else to "toe the line" as to their particular ideological proclivity.
        Now if good-humored tolerance is going to be a major characteristic of
        the FSP group, I'd suggest it will be even more successful than most
        would expect. In fact, I suggest that GOOD-HUMORED TOLERANCE should be
        one of the watch-words of the FSP. "Freedom in our lifetime is our
        goal...good-humored tolerance is our byword."