IFeminist of the month

  • Mary Lou Seymour
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2002
      Ifeminists.com picked yours truly as their Ifeminist of the month for
      July...I, of course, got in a plug for FSP:-)

      See my picture (the ONLY recent one in existence:-) and bio at
      http://www.ifeminists.com/homepage/

      ML
    • James B. Sheridan
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
        Those who cannot paint, become art critics.

        =====
        Will someone please invent a decent alternative fuel, so that we can tell the Middle East to go screw?

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Daniel Weiner
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
          Congrats, ML. But then, we *know* you are hot stuff!
          Right, gang? And I gotta tell you, ML, you are much
          better looking than your own comments led me to
          expect.

          Dan

          --- Mary Lou Seymour <libertymls@...>
          wrote:
          > Ifeminists.com picked yours truly as their Ifeminist
          > of the month for
          > July...I, of course, got in a plug for FSP:-)
          >
          > See my picture (the ONLY recent one in existence:-)
          > and bio at
          > http://www.ifeminists.com/homepage/
          >
          > ML

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • elizabeth_freestate
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3, 2002
            Jason is working on a response to the TLE article, but anyone
            who wants to write a letter to the editor of TLE is encouraged:

            EditorTLE@...

            --- In freestateproject@y..., "James B. Sheridan"
            <jimmersheridan@y...> wrote:
            > Those who cannot paint, become art critics.
            >
            > =====
            > Will someone please invent a decent alternative fuel, so that
            we can tell the Middle East to go screw?

            > http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Suggesto
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 8, 2002
              --- In freestateproject@y..., simplulo <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > >[Voting] is a tool of the people, not the state.
              >
              > That is what attracted me to the FSP: while everyone is strongly
              > libertarian, they have a good-humored tolerance for the variations
              > that you are bound to find among 20 of us, let alone 20,000....

              Steve, you may or may not know just how *radical* that statement
              above *is*! One of the things that has struck me in the 30 years or so
              I've been a libertarian is how *little* "good-humored tolerance" there
              is among them. Everyone seems bound and determined to force everyone
              else to "toe the line" as to their particular ideological proclivity.
              Now if good-humored tolerance is going to be a major characteristic of
              the FSP group, I'd suggest it will be even more successful than most
              would expect. In fact, I suggest that GOOD-HUMORED TOLERANCE should be
              one of the watch-words of the FSP. "Freedom in our lifetime is our
              goal...good-humored tolerance is our byword."