Re: Dave Barry

  • simplulo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      It is well known that Dave Barry is a libertarian, and as one of just
      a handful of libertarian humorists he probably gets asked for help
      all the time. He seems to maintain a slight distance, sniping at the
      government from afar, never compromising his credibility with his
      public. P.J. O'Rourke is the one who fully came out of the
      libertarian closet.

      Self-gov.org has a list of some libertarian celebrities:
      http://www.self-gov.org/celebs.html

      Missing from their list is Trey Parker, half of the South Park
      creators:
      http://www.google.com/search?q=Trey+Parker+libertarian

      --- In freestateproject@y..., "James B. Sheridan"
      <jimmersheridan@y...> wrote:
      > Personally, I'm in love w/the idea of a celebrity pitchman to help
      us spread the word.
      > After reading the following Dave Barry column from this past
      weekend, I'm thinking that we should
      > introduce the FSP concept to him...

      http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/3524
      593.htm

      > Thoughts?
      >
      > =====
      > Will someone please invent a decent alternative fuel, so that we
      can tell the Middle East to go screw?