Re: [FSP] Re: Teamwork

  • libertymls@free-market.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
      > Your home page is good but you're not terribly clear on your agenda,
      > location or will we be operating as a commune?

      The location is not chosen yet. The method of choosing seems to me to
      be perfectly clear on the website: if not, could you tell us what needs to
      be added to make it clearer?

      The agenda...what do you mean? If you have specific questions that are
      not answered in the FAQ, it'd be helpful to pose them and let one of the
      Organizing Council answer so the Q&A can be added to the FAQ for
      others to benefit from.

      Operating as a commune? That's an example of a good question to add
      to the FAQ. I'd say, no, certainly not as a "state supported commune",
      however, if you and others chose toset up your own commune, you'd be
      free to do so, as long as you didnt attempt to force people to join it.

      I am hearing a
      > resentment with the people asking questions and it is putting me off.

      I think the resentment was not so much from your asking questions, but
      your making statements like (paraphrased) "if you believe in open
      borders then I quit".

      > I had 7 emails this morning asking me for the URL that I referred to
      > in my article and I simply sent it without any comments from me.

      Thats always a good idea.

      > I am good at marketing projects like this but I am feeling that not
      > being involved from the beginning will not allow me to continue with
      > open dialog.

      I dont see why you'd feel that way... there are several other "new folks"
      who have been engaging in open dialogue on this list. But you're right,
      until you yourself feel like you "know" the agenda, it'd be better not to try
      to market FSP (beyond saying here's a neat idea and a link to the
      website.)

      ML
    • Elizabeth McKinstry
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
        I have replied to this at length offline.