[FSP] Re: Expenses

  • eddie_g_bradford
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
      I would like to take this time to personally thank Elizabeth for everything she's done for the FSP. She's really been so involved and has spent an enormous amount of time and money on this project and Elizabeth I want you to know that I really appreciate this and I think you are an inspiration to us all. Also I too would probably be defensive if, I had spent so much time and money on a project and used up my vacation time and spent weekends away from my family working for freedom and spending what little extra money I had, and then having to defend the few expenses I report to everyone. I would think it was a little insulting if someone said "you spent $40 on a Super 8 when there was a Motel 6 down the road for $35".
      At the same time Elizabeth I don't think this is what Gary was trying to do. I thought his questions were valid and should be answered. I wrote this because I wanted you to know that you really are appreciated here and that Gary's comments, I don't think, were intended as an attack. Also I think that if someone was to make a comment that there there was a hotel for $5 cheaper down the road then their question should be respected and answered even though it may be kind of petty or annoying (again I am not implying that this was the type of question Gary asked). Public service is rarely appreciated and usually criticised and I'm sure you will get a lot more criticisms that thank-you's in the FSP just because that is the way these things usually work. I just want you to remember that although it will not be mentioned enough we thank you and appreciate your work and I hope you will remember that.