We must contact the state LPs!

  • vroman18
    Message 1 of 2221 , Aug 2, 2001
      criticisms of the states existing laws that go
      against libertarian principles (i.e. hawaiis gun laws)
      should not be the top deciding criteria. Afterall the
      point is, due to numbers WE control the legislature and
      could very quickly do away with that. I think weve
      overlooked a major point.<br>The only
      non-numerical/geographical consideration should be the degree of official
      libertarian activity in the state in question.<br><br>We need
      to get in contact with the state libertarian parties
      in the states we are considering!<br><br>Who would
      know better how conducive a libertarian migration
      would be to their state than the libertarians already
      living there? And besides, presumably they would be
      overjoyed to know their state is going to benefit from a
      mass transfusion of LPers, and could be a very
      powerful asset in paving the way for us.<br>Also we could
      automatically add their entire member base to our 20k
      outsiders, as the 'advance team'.<br>I'm pretty sure there
      is some form of LP in every state so we should be
      able to get good intel from all the ones on the list.
    • Gold Standard Press
      Message 2221 of 2221 , Jan 13, 2003
        If we start out at the Town or County level, it will be pretty easy to soon find out whether our favorite candidates turn out to be True to their Word.

        c.