OT but Interesting Denmark`s Christiana

  • tyloxtim
    Message 1 of 2221 , Jan 23, 2002
      I`ve never heard of Christiana even though
      I`m<br>originally from that neck of the woods, but
      this<br>"unofficial-micro-free-state-within-a-country" as<br>it appears to be apparently has existed for
      some<br>30 years(I havent been back to visit in close
      to<br>30 years)Had this "rogue community" had the
      bad<br>judgement and subsequent inevitable misfortune
      of<br>attempting to exist in the Police States of America, they
      would have surely been Janet Reno-ized and "Properly
      Euthanized" by our illustrious<br>BATF, ATF, DEA, IRS and FBI
      "law enforcement" agencies a LONG time ago. I labled
      the post OT but<br>in some ways, it`s really fairly
      relevant to what<br>our intended automous State may find
      itself having<br>to deal with. Our Free State will
      inevitably clash<br>with the Feds at some point, but the
      stark contrast between Denmarks sane, reasonable
      and<br>pragmatic "feds" versus our murderous thugs
      and<br>well-armed, violent thieves-with-badges, ever ready, willing,
      even eager to kill US citizens for<br>having the
      audacity to try and determine their own<br>destiny, is one
      that not only should be a concern<br>of everyone on
      this list, but is an almost inevit-<br>able one that
      we probably will have to deal with<br>at some point
      along the line.<br> If our Free State is achieved, we
      too, will have our share(as does ANY population)of
      people<br>who will try and push things too far in the
      eyes<br>of Big Bro. There are interesting parallels
      here.<br><br>Denmark's police-free area under
      threat<br>----------<br>The government has lost patience with the amount of
      criminal activity in Copenhagen´┐Żs squatter community,
      Christiania - but is divided as to how to clean up thirty
      years of neglect.<br> An alternative society or a haven
      for drugs- a free state or a squatters paradise?
      However one characterises Christiania, the new government
      is making a concerted effort to rid the crime ridden
      'alternative society' of the biker gangs, drug dealers and
      stolen goods merchants who illegally contribute to an
      annual 'tax-free' turnover of over DKK 200m - but are
      split as to whether to use bulldozers or kid gloves.
    • Gold Standard Press
      Message 2221 of 2221 , Jan 13, 2003
        If we start out at the Town or County level, it will be pretty easy to soon find out whether our favorite candidates turn out to be True to their Word.

        c.