FSP News - January 2012

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2012
      FSP News - January 2012 Basket Brigade: Free Staters Live Their
      Principles and Deliver Help to Needy Families
      More than fifteen Free Staters spent Sunday, November 20, distributing
      Thanksgiving baskets to 52 needy families in Concord. The event
      organizer, Amanda Boudin, explains: "I moved to New Hampshire from Texas
      in 2010. My dad and I used to do a Basket Brigade together in Dallas.
      The first year, he had only one basket to hand out, but it eventually
      grew to 400. My dad passed away from cancer earlier this year. When I
      realized there was no Basket Bridage in New Hampshire, I decided to
      start one here to honor him."

      The original Basket Brigade was launched by motivational speaker Anthony
      Robbins more than 30 years ago. "Everyone has the need to contribute,"
      his website says. "It is one of the six human needs. If you give from
      your heart, it will come back to you tenfold."

      The Free Staters worked with the local charities to identify needy
      families in Concord, many of whom are refugees. "I like that," says
      Boudin. "In some ways, Free Staters are political refugees, so it's a
      natural fit. This is a perfect example of living our ideals, since we
      believe private local charity is the best solution to a community
      needs."

      Check out the video
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dZyScFYk6YY#!>
      (and the other video
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OEbwygX9xRs> )
      FSP In The News
      GQ Interviewed
      <http://www.gq.com/news-politics/blogs/death-race/2012/01/i-just-met-an-\
      awesome-secessionist-or-toward-a-yankee-hong-kong.html> Carla Gericke,
      the President of the FSP

      There were many recent articles about the FSP and how it relates to the
      New Hampshire Republican Primary. The list of articles includes articles
      by Yahoo
      <http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/among-free-state-faithful-hampshire-\
      win-even-more-134755182.html> , Examiner
      <http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-in-west-palm-beach/today-is-do-or-d\
      ie-day-with-free-state-project-new-hampshire> , The Diplomat
      <http://the-diplomat.com/the-editor/2012/01/10/the-free-state-project/>
      , and even Aljazeera
      <http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/01/201219115838331615.ht\
      ml> .
      Updated version of the 2011 New Hampshire Liberty Related Bills Report
      The NH House finally voted on the last of the bills that Governor Lynch
      vetoed in 2011. Two of the bills were overridden by the legislature and
      the 2011 New Hampshire Liberty Related Bills Report was updated. Over 60
      pro-liberty bills and 2 pro-liberty resolution passed in NH in 2011. 3
      pro-liberty bills were vetoed by Governor Lynch.

      Read the blog post on FreeStateBlogs.net
      <http://freestateblogs.net/node/13106>
      Action of the Month
      Ron Paul just came in 2nd in the NH Republican Primary and the New
      Hampshire Democratic Primary (due to write-in votes.) Four years ago,
      Ron Paul received around 8% of the votes in the NH Republican Primary.
      This time he received nearly three times that amount and even received
      more votes than President Obama. Ron Paul historically does better in
      caucus states and the campaign focused much more on Iowa. In fact, over
      300 official youth volunteers joined the IA campaign; whereas, only 100
      official youth volunteers joined the NH campaign. Despite all of that,
      Ron Paul did better in NH than IA. Why? Much of the difference was due
      to the more libertarian culture in NH and the actions of Free State
      Project participants living in NH. Love or hate Ron Paul, it is clear
      that FSPers have the ability to even affect national races in NH.

      Do you know any people that like Ron Paul in your area? Please tell them
      about how well Ron Paul did in NH. Please tell them that Ron Paul is
      surging right now in South Carolina because of his success in NH. Ron
      Paul may not become president. If that happens, people should know about
      how well Ron Paul did in NH. It is yet another reason for some people to
      consider joining the FSP and moving to NH.

      Feel free to make suggestions or comments on the FSP Forum
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=23145.0> .
      Facebook Page of the Month
      https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulsFreakingGiant
      <https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulsFreakingGiant> - You may have seen
      the many news stories about Ron Paul's freaking giant. Chris Lawless, a
      Ron Paul volunteer and the man that runs the New Hampshire Liberty Forum
      <http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum> , was standing on the stage
      on an elevated platform when Ron Paul gave his speech for coming in
      second in the New Hampshire Republican Primary. Several reporters
      decided this was a story and wrote article about it. You may remember
      Chris Lawless as he spoke about the FSP on John Stossel's show
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=23145.msg263401#msg26\
      3401> last March. If you want to keep up with the latest happenings and
      thoughts of this giant; then, you must like his facebook page.
      Websites of the Month and Facebook Pages of the Month for all of 2011
      Do you know the history of the Website of the Month and the Facebook
      Page of the Month? Do you know how sites are selected? Are you
      interested in seeing the list for all of 2011? Today is your lucky day
      because here are both lists in their entirety
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=24841.0> . Don't
      forget to like all of the pages :)

      Merchandise
      Is anything more attractive than the Free State Project? Perhaps the
      question should be: Is anything more attracting than the Free State
      Project? Pulling in Liberty Lovers from all over to help realize Liberty
      in Our Lifetime is a virtuous endeavor indeed. The allure of personal
      freedom is quite fetching, an invitation of homecoming to a land of
      serenity you only dreamed about. A pure, honest siren-song of hope and
      the future, not luring sailors to their doom, but kindling a fire in the
      heart of free folk everywhere. Like a magnet drawing on the strong, iron
      psyche of those who refuse to lick the hand that aims to bind them. And,
      funny that, speaking of magnets we have some great new ones on the FSP
      Store page! OK, they're our regular sticker designs – but now
      they're on magnets. Just think of it, they stick to metal! (well,
      metal with a high ferrous content anyway) Who would have thought the
      government would let such a useful item into the hands of the populace!
      Think of all the applications! So many things are made of metal that can
      display the glory and honor of the Free State Project. How about a Live
      Free or Die on your mailbox. Wouldn't a Liberty in Our Lifetime look
      great at the construction site? The student union sure could use a Live
      Free or Spaz. What cyclotron wouldn't be spruced up with a Classic
      FSP bumper sticker. And your car will thank you for finally getting one
      of our awesome stickers on it; and without getting it all mucilaginous,
      I might add. These come off cleanly and can be replaced, rotated, and
      shared as desired. Let's all help the message stick by letting
      everyone see the Free State Project.
      Thanks to Liberty Activist Printing
      Liberty Activist Printing <http://www.libertyactivistprinting.com/> was
      born out a desire to supply liberty activists and
      limited-government-minded political candidates access to premium quality
      printing at deeply discounted prices. Check out our online print shop
      for all your printing needs, from business cards to banners— for
      liberty activists, by liberty activists.
      Thanks to Family Chiropractic of Merrimack
      At Family Chiropractic of Merrimack <http://www.healthymerrimack.com/> ,
      we provide true health care to our patients. Not the Government (FDA,
      CDC, NIH) backed, big phar controlled, drugs for all system; that is
      simultaneously bankrupting our country, creating insane profits for
      politicians and big pharma while turning the USA into the sickest
      country on the planet. Smart Americans want an alternative, we offer
      that alternative.
      Thanks to the Center for Objective Health Policy
      The Center for Objective Health Policy <http://ohpcenter.org/>
      advocates rational, rights-respecting solutions to improving healthcare.
      We provide analysis and commentary from a free-market perspective, and
      we raise money to provide free books to interested medical students
      through our outreach program called The Lucidicus Project. We need your
      support today!
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Liberty Calendar <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> tracks lots
      of NH events. The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> lists some
      liberty-oriented New Hampshire events. For Keene specific events, check
      out the Free Keene Calendar <http://freekeene.com/calendar> . Check the
      calendars before a visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH
      events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,700. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 11,298
      Participants in NH: 988
      as of 01/15/2012

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime