FSP News - July 2011

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2011
      FSP News - July 2011 Send the FSP to FreedomFest 2011! The FSP is
      sending two representatives to FreedomFest http://freedomfest.com
      <http://freedomfest.com/> the annual gathering of thousands of
      liberty-oriented individuals in Las Vegas, Nevada. July 2011 marks the
      10-year anniversary of the original FSP announcement
      http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2001/libe131-20010723-03.html
      <http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2001/libe131-20010723-03.html> and FSP
      movers State Representative Mark Warden and FSP President Carla Gericke
      are slated to give a talk on the FSP's history and successes. They will
      also be promoting the FSP to big-name funders of pro-liberty
      organizations. This is an important event for the FSP to attend, and we
      need your contributions to help offset the costs. Please donate to our
      ChipIn! http://freestateproject.org//freedomfest
      <http://freestateproject.org//freedomfest> Gary Johnson endorsed the
      Free State Project
      Gary Johnson, former two term Governor of New Mexico and current
      candidate for President, attended PorcFest and was asked about the FSP.
      He said it's "a wonderful idea" and hopes it will be a model for the
      rest of the country. Full video here
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzLw12pbIU4> .
      Jason Sorens in the New Hampshire Union Leader
      William Ruger and Jason Sorens, the founder of the FSP, wrote an opinion
      piece <http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110708/OPINION02/707089989>
      for the New Hampshire Union Leader about their new Mercatus Center
      report. The article is about their report, New Hampshire and possible
      reforms in NH.
      Libertopia Debut
      Credits rolling. People cheering. Cameras flashing, rain splashing, and
      tears streaming.

      These images flash in my mind whenever I think about the premiere of our
      long-awaited documentary, Libertopia. Debuting the film at Porcfest 2011
      was a first, not only for our small production team, but also for the
      Free State Project, and the heightened emotion of its manifestation was
      palpable in the pavilion that rainy Friday night. It's hard to
      express what it feels like to introduce a project to the public after
      three years of toil… Maybe like being pregnant for 36 months?

      Libertopia is an 86 minute foray in to the lives of three FSP
      participants: 18-year-old Andrew Carroll leaves his friends and family
      behind to seek office in New Hampshire. Matt Simon plants roots in his
      new, NH community and struggles upstream to legalize medical marijuana.
      Will Buchanan hikes for nine months along highways, past skyscrapers and
      through small towns across America on his Walk for Liberty. Peppered
      throughout the film, we learn about the Free State Project and the
      libertarian philosophy that drives it. Now we just need some champions.

      Yes, the love child of my co-producer and myself is finally out of our
      heads and on physical DVDs, ready to travel spreading its message of
      liberty, activism, and its people. We're officially launching our
      Libertopia Screening Series. Our plan: to fill homes, libraries,
      theaters, and venues across the country with screenings of the
      documentary. By showing our film, you can:

      1. Educate your family and friends about libertarianism (the basic
      tenets and why you care)

      2. Support the principles of the Free State Project (liberty, personal
      responsibility, and activism)

      3. Create your own Libertopia (Connect with other liberty minded people
      in your community)

      For more information, contact our Producer of Marketing and
      Distribution, Siku@...
      <http://mc/compose?to=Siku@...> , and we'll do our
      best to make it easy for you. Also, join our facebook page
      (Facebook.com/Libertopia) and mailing list (Libertopiafilm.com) for
      updates on when and where these events will be happening.

      We hope Libertopia will engage you. Each subject in the film is on a
      journey, and one can see that often life's greatest rewards are born
      from taking on a big challenge. I know that making this film has been
      ours.

      Thank you always for your support!

      Sincerely,

      Christina Heller & CraIg Goodale
      Action of the Month
      Last month the Action of the month was to attend Porcfest and tell
      everyone how much fun and convincing the event was to you. This month,
      the Action is to continue to spread the good word and to help you here
      are a few items you may want to share. The TV show Adam VS the Man
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFVOf7i4-I> was recorded live from
      Porcfest. The NPR podcast Money Plant did an episode
      <http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/06/29/137478762/the-tuesday-podcast\
      -libertarian-summer-camp> on Porcfest. Robert Murphy of the Ludwig von
      Mises Institute spent five days at Porcfest and wrote a wicked awesome
      article <http://mises.org/daily/5430/PorcFest-2011> about his
      experience. So pick your form of media (video, audio or print) and share
      away. Action of the Month items are also posted on the FSP Forum. Feel
      free to make suggestions or comments on the FSP Forum
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=23145.0> .
      Website of the Month
      Free State Blogs <http://www.freestateblogs.net/> - Free State Blogs
      provides boots-on-the-ground information about what's going on in New
      Hampshire. A large variety of bloggers post to the site including a
      pro-liberty NH based TV show, a pro-union Republican NH State Rep, a NH
      conservative media marvel, the best known NH Tea Party group, a
      philosopher and more. A recent post on the site details the changes in
      transportation regulations inside and outside of NH this year
      <http://www.freestateblogs.net/node/12653> . Needless to say, this was a
      good year for the people of NH.
      Facebook Page of the Month
      New Hampshire Liberty Alliance <https://www.facebook.com/NHLiberty> -
      The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance is non-partisan, non-profit all
      volunteer organization working to increase individual freedom in New
      Hampshire. The page will help you keep up with liberty elections, events
      and issues in NH. Now you don't have to live in NH to know whats going
      on politically in NH.
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> tracks lots
      of NH events. The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> lists some liberty-oriented New
      Hampshire events. For Keene specific events, check out the Free Keene
      Calendar <http://freekeene.com/calendar> . Check the calendars before a
      visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,708. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 11,009
      Participants in NH: 922
      as of 07/15/2011

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime