FSP News - June 2011

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2011
      FSP News - June 2011 June has arrived! Are you ready for Porcfest?
      We have been talking to you for months about our funtastic Porcupine
      Freedom Festival <http://porcfest.com/> . You have learned all about our
      speakers <http://porcfest.com/events/speakers#nav> and our childrens'
      activities, dubbed the Family Zone
      <http://porcfest.com/events/calendar?term_node_tid_depth=54#nav> , as
      well as how to get here with our Convoys
      <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Convoys-to-PorcFest/193293977356631?sk=i\
      nfo> . We've given you so many reasons to come, bring a friend, and
      mingle at this event on our blog <http://porcfest.com/> that we just
      don't know how you could resist!

      If you haven't taken the time to register
      <http://registration.porcfest.com/> but plan on coming, please consider
      doing so as it helps cover our up front expenses. This is where you can
      also give a few extra dollars for a donation to our operation as well.
      (We also have a widget on our Porcfest.com site or you can PayPal
      info@... <mailto:info@...> and put in
      the info "PF$" to make sure it gets allocated for this project.) Last
      minute sponsor opportunities are always available! Contact
      Curtis@... for more details ASAP.

      For those of you already registered we wanted to throw in some last
      minute information:

      Please bring FM radios. We will be broadcasting locally where you can
      hear music, vendor spotlights and stay up to date with the latest
      Porcfest event. Stay in the know with the radio!

      If you want to be even more in touch with what is happening, get on our
      bandwidth. Using 2-way marine radios, we will be communicating with
      staff, vendors, first aid and more. Cell phones aren't very effective in
      the area so if you want to make sure to stay in touch with your friends
      or favorite food place at Porcfest, then pick one up before you arrive
      (we're using this one
      <http://www.marineboatsupplies.com/midland-nautico-3-5w-handheld-vhf-rad\
      io> ).

      Anyone who registered early should go back and make sure to pick up
      tickets <http://registration.porcfest.com/> to Buzz's Bigger Gay Dance
      Party or go back and simply make a donation to help keep things running
      smoothly right from the start. We appreciate everyone who has registered
      and we cannot WAIT to get there next week. Get your game face ready
      because we are GO for fun!
      Mercatus Center Report: NH Freest State in the USA
      In its newest report about ranking American states on their public
      policies that affect individual freedoms in the economic, social, and
      personal spheres, New Hampshire again placed #1. The full report can be
      reviewed here <http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011> . There's
      also a video <http://youtu.be/9bQBAkhz_-A> about the report, which
      includes Jason Sorens, founder of the Free State Project.
      Merchandise
      PorcFest is almost here and before you know it, you'll be strolling
      through the bucolic pleasantness of Agora Alley. No doubt you'll
      come across a most fantastic sight – the Free State Project
      merchandise site. So many items will be there to enchant you; it will be
      hard to choose. Do you take home a cuddly stuffed porcupine? Perhaps
      your FSP t-shirt is getting a bit ragged; feel free to size up a new
      one. How about that Custom FSP Buck you've been eyeing up for a
      while (and you know you have), there aren't too many left; you'd
      better get one before they're gone. How about a daily reminder that
      "Liberty in Our Lifetime" is on the horizon, a shiny keychain is
      just the thing. Brand new, never-before-seen-at-PorcFest reverse car
      window decals will be waiting eagerly for your precious caress. Sparkly,
      glowing, FSP copper rounds will mesmerize you. Whether you want one in a
      clear protective case, or a tube of twenty to trade elsewhere in the
      alley (with those who voluntarily accept them, of course), they will be
      waiting for you. There'll also be pins and bookmarks and stickers
      and flags and, oh, so many more things for you to delight in. So be sure
      to perambulate by RV site 15 and take a look at all the wonderful stuff
      available, the porc in you will be glad you did.
      FSP and Nullify Now! LA
      The Los Angeles FSP group held a tabling event at the final stop of the
      Nullify Now! tour featuring headlining speaker Thomas E. Woods Jr.
      Through historical writings, case studies, and speeches by the Founding
      Fathers, more than 10 speakers presented logical, moral, and
      constitutionally sound cases for nullification. We want to thank Michael
      Boldin and Bryce Shonka of the Tenth Amendment Center for coordinating
      the tour and for graciously inviting us to setup a table. FSP LA had
      quite a handsome spread of outreach materials, complete with a plush
      porcupine that was on the receiving end of some heavy petting. FSP
      literature found their way into the hands of dozens of intrigued
      conference goers, a good portion of which expressed their interest in
      attending our future meetings. Would you like to reach more activists
      outside of NH? Start or re-energize a local group near you!
      Send the FSP to FreedomFest 2011!
      FreedomFest <http://www.freedomfest.com/> is an annual gathering of
      thousands of liberty-oriented individuals in Las Vegas, Nevada. Help our
      intrepid FSP representatives trek to the other side of the country to
      spread awareness of the Free State Project (and maybe find a few signers
      too!).

      Currently, the FSP is slated to give a talk on the history and purpose
      of the Free State Project--but we have to get Carla and Chris there
      first!
      Action of the Month
      Thank you for taking to time to read the Action of the Month column in
      the past and doing the actions that spark your interest. For June, the
      Action of the month is special in that it both helps spread the idea of
      the FSP and is a whole lot of to do! Attend the 2011 Porcupine Freedom
      Festival <http://www.porcfest.com/> in Lancaster, NH and then tell your
      friends, family, co-workers and associates about how much fun you had.
      Action of the Month items are also posted on the FSP Forum. Feel free to
      make suggestions or comments on the FSP Forum
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=23145.0> .
      Website of the Month
      NH Capitol Access <http://www.nhcaptv.com/> - NH Capitol Access covers
      NH politics and political activism with a skeptical, feisty and flinty
      edge. The focus is generally on upcoming legislation, citizen
      involvement, the nature of government, and the NH Constitution. If you
      want to know about political happenings in NH, this is the TV show for
      you.
      Facebook Page of the Month
      Liberty Conspiracy
      <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liberty-Conspiracy/119480828070905> -
      Liberty Conspiracy is a seriously educated and yet humorous take on
      politics, music and a whole lot more by Gardner Goldsmith
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardner_Goldsmith> . Liberty Conspiracy
      believes in the power of Invisible Hand, in exposing the fallacy of the
      Broken Window, in promoting economic and political liberty, and in
      freeing the mind to allow for true creative potential.
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> tracks lots
      of NH events. The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> lists some liberty-oriented New
      Hampshire events. For Keene specific events, check out the Free Keene
      Calendar <http://freekeene.com/calendar> . Check the calendars before a
      visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,710. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 10,955
      Participants in NH: 909
      as of 06/15/2011

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime