FSP News - April 2011

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2011
      FSP News - April 2011Porc Fest
      Have you registered for the 8th Annual Porcupine Freedom Festival
      <http://freestateproject.org/registration/porcfest/2011> yet? Act now,
      spaces at Roger's Campground <http://www.rogerscampground.com/> are
      filling up! Donations & Sponsor Opportunities
      [https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-640-20110306-1/en_US/i/scr/pixel.g\
      if] Porcfest runs on Donations. If you are interested in advertising
      opportunities please contact Sponsor@... to learn more. Street
      Team Opportunities Is Ron Paul coming to your area? Do you have liberty
      oriented events happening soon? Plan on seeing Atlas Shrugged? HAND OUT
      PORCFEST FLYERS
      <http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14415192/1/PorcFest%20Promotion/Flyers?h\
      =f8b438> ! Special Announcements New speakers announced, including:
      * Roderick Long <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roderick_Long> -
      Professor of Philosophy at Auburn University! * Daniel J. D'Amico
      <http://www.danieljdamico.com/About%20Me.html> - Assistant Professor of
      Economics at Loyola University! * Michael Boldin
      <http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/about/team/> - 10th Amendment
      Center! * Jamie Crane <http://wheelsoffliberty.podomatic.com/> -
      Wheels Off Liberty!
      Stay up to date at http://porcfest.com <http://porcfest.com/> or signup
      for the Happy Porcupine <http://eepurl.com/b1a1r> newsletter.

      New Hampshire Democrat bloggers declare Free Staters the winner
      It feels pretty good to be a free stater in New Hampshire right now.
      Dozens of pro-liberty bills have made it through either the NH House or
      the NH Senate. I commented on a few of the bills here. Five recent blog
      posts by Democrats explain how free staters won NH. On top of that,
      there was even an Op-Ed in the only state-wide paper in NH about how the
      horrible free staters worked with the awful tea party folks to make NH a
      radical and extreme state.

      Are these Democrats correct? Well, what does the truth matter? Feel free
      to take their opinions, backed up with almost no facts and full of
      logical fallacies as gospel.

      Colin Van Ostern, A Democratic blogger for New Hampshire Business Review
      <http://www.nhbr.com/nb/home/> wrote a wonderful blog post titled Wake
      up, New Hampshire business leaders
      <http://www.nhbr.com/businessnewsopinion/914902-290/wake-up-new-hampshir\
      e-business-leaders.html> . In the blog, column or whatever it is called,
      no offense to Colin, Colin explained that "given the choice between more
      students graduating from high school or happy Free Staters who simply
      oppose any government regulations at all, the Legislature is choosing
      the Free Staters." There you go folks, Colin says that the Legislature
      chose to do what Free Staters want.

      Click here
      <http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?292-New-Hampshire-Democrat-blogg\
      ers-declare-Free-Staters-the-winner> to continue reading this blog
      post.
      Atlas Shrugged
      The producers of Atlas Shrugged want to hear from you
      <http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/IAmJohnGalt> ! How cool would it be
      if you were wearing an FSP shirt or standing in front of the FSP flag?
      Just another way to help spread the name off the FSP. The deadline is
      TODAY.... do it!

      The movie opens today April 15th! Check to see if the movie is playing
      near you <http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/theaters> .

      Then go here: http://freestateproject.org/getinvolved/downloads
      <http://freestateproject.org/getinvolved/downloads> grab some of the
      awesome flyers that say WHERE is John Galt? (bottom of the page) and
      then hand them out to people as they enter/exit the movie....
      Think of the 1000s of people who can hear the FSP message if YOU spend a
      few hours handing out flyers this coming weekend.
      Can one person make a difference in New Hampshire?
      The answer to that question is unequivocally yes.

      While it is true that New Hampshire has 400 State Representatives and
      the first in the nation Presidential Primary, most NH voters are rarely
      engaged in politics. Sure, compared to most states, folks in NH are more
      politically active, especially with things like town hall meeting.
      However, that isn't always the case.

      I witnessed first hand at the State House on Thursday that many issues
      go largely ignored by the public. I started Thursday by attending the NH
      Senate Transportation Committee hearing on HB 540, the bill to change
      NH's yearly automobile inspection requirement to a biannual requirement.
      NH is one of only three states that requires both automobile safety and
      emissions inspections every year statewide. If HB 540
      <http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2011/HB540> becomes law, it will
      save the average NH person two hours and $30 every other year for every
      car they own. And yet, only one member of the public spoke to the
      Committee as a regular citizen without a special interest in mind. All
      of the other speakers were government workers or automobile shop owners.
      Heck, if just five members of the public had spoken out in favor of the
      bill, it would have made a big difference in the eyes of the Committee.
      You can watch a video
      <http://bikerbillnh.blogspot.com/2011/04/rent-seekers-on-parade.html>
      of the hearing or take action on this issue if you would like.

      Click here <http://freestateblogs.net/node/12335> to continue reading
      this blog post.
      Three great events make up for no 2011 Liberty Forum
      Wow, talk about turning lemons into lemonade. There was no New Hampshire
      Liberty Forum this year. However, that did not matter much as the
      Liberty, Justice, Peace Gathering, Nullify Now! New Hampshire and Agora
      I/O, three wicked awesome events that were partially inspired by the
      Liberty Forum, did happen!

      The Liberty, Justice, Peace Gathering
      <http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=22025.0> happened on
      February 26th in Grafton, NH. Around 35 people attended with some people
      making the journey all the way from California.

      While Nullify Now! New Hampshire
      <http://www.nullifynow.com/newhampshire> on March 19th wasn't
      technically inspired by the lack of a Liberty Forum in NH this year,
      it's list of speakers was similar to the type of speakers that typically
      speak at Liberty Forum. Even though the event had high quality speakers
      like Thomas E. Woods <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Woods> , Jim
      Babka <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Babka> , Mark Edge and Catherine
      Bleish <http://www.libertyrestorationproject.org/> , among others,
      admission started at just $25. Vendors included the New Hampshire
      Liberty Alliance <http://www.nhliberty.org/> , Free Talk Live
      <http://www.freetalklive.com/> , Mass LPA <http://www.masslpa.org/> and
      more. Attendance is estimated at between 250 and 350 people. The
      highlight of the event was arguably this speech
      (http://youtu.be/miPjSw-G8J8 <http://youtu.be/miPjSw-G8J8> ) by Thomas
      E. Woods.

      Agora I/O <http://agora.io/> was an online agorist unconference that
      happened March 25th to March 27th. There were loads of great speakers
      all weekend long and the entire event was free. The speakers were
      recorded and the videos are still on the website. The whole idea of the
      unconference was pretty amazing and a big thank you goes out to George
      Donnelly for all of his hard work. Sponsors included Porcfest.com
      <http://www.porcfest.com/> and Free Keene <http://www.freekeene.com/> .
      Speaking of Keene, there were viewing parties throughout the county,
      including in Keene, NH.
      Action of the Month
      The March 24th edition of Stossel
      <http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/index.html> on Fox Business,
      titled Live Free or Die, featured Chris Lawless of the FSP and Christina
      Heller, the director of Libertopia <http://www.libertopiafilm.com/> , an
      upcoming documentary about the FSP. John Stossel is a household name and
      his show is mainstream. This is the perfect opportunity to share the
      idea of the FSP with your friends and family. Please share this youtube
      video http://youtu.be/evraJp70CUs <http://youtu.be/evraJp70CUs> . Feel
      free to post it to facebook, blog about it, tweet it, put it on web
      forums, email your friends or do whatever you think is best to share the
      video <http://youtu.be/evraJp70CUs> with as many people as possible.

      Action of the Month items are also posted on the FSP Forum. Feel free to
      make suggestions or comments on the FSP Forum
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=23145.0> .
      Website of the Month
      Porcfest.com <http://www.porcfest.com/> - Porcfest.com is a labor of
      love. Featuring event, speaker, travel, registration info and more,
      PorcFest.com is the goto place for all your PorcFest news. Stop by and
      check it out, today!
      Facebook Page of the Month
      The Civil Disobedience Evolution Fund
      <https://www.facebook.com/cdevolution> - The Civil Disobedience
      Evolution Fund supports the good people who disobey bad laws. Our
      mission is to restore freedom and support liberty by sharing the
      sacrifices of Shire Activists with supporters round the globe. Please
      support these brave men and women by donating what time, talent or
      treasure you can.
      Merchandise
      Teeshirtapalooza, or how about T-Spacular, or maybe Shirtopolis? No
      matter how you mangle the English language to say it, it's...
      fantabulous! With PorcFest fast approaching, I'm sure you all want a
      shirt that says, Go Porcs! Or at least Liberty in Our Lifetime. We still
      have shirts from previous PorcFests, maybe not in all sizes, but
      that's because they're so darn popular. We've got blue ones,
      and black ones, and white ones, oh my. Even if you didn't attend one
      of the earlier grantanublar events, show your support. Whether
      you're strolling along in the heart of a statist urbopolis or
      perambulating through verdant hills of a bucolic paradise, let the
      fascists beware and the liberty-minded hearten that there are freedom
      loving individuals out among them. You never can tell, we may need the
      furry woodland creatures on our side in the days ahead. So be bold, be
      fashionable, be true to the ways of classical liberalism and sport an
      awe-inspiring Free State project tee shirt – you'll be glad you
      did. The taxman may not, but we don't want him to be glad anyway.

      http://www.freestateproject.org/store
      <http://www.freestateproject.org/store>
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New
      HampshireFree State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> lists
      liberty-oriented New Hampshire events. The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> also tracks NH events. Check the
      calendars before a visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH
      events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,724. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 10,833
      Participants in NH: 901
      as of 04/15/11

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime