Fwd: Handing out Free State Project literature at the opening of Atlas Shrugged (clean copy)

  • Dreepa@
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2011
      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Tim Condon <tim@...>
      Date: April 15, 2011 11:39:40 PM GMT+02:00
      To: Chris Lawless <dreepa@...>
      Subject: Handing out Free State Project literature at the opening of Atlas Shrugged (clean copy)

      The movie Atlas Shrugged: Part I opened all over the country today. It's a no-brainer that the people rushing to see it---especially on opening day---are prime candidates to join us in the Free State Project. So of course I printed up a bunch of two-sided sheets with Free State Project info on them. This was on one side:

      ...(you can print this page out online from the bottom of this page). And then the following was on the reverse side (it doesn't take anything more than a regular black and white laser printer):

      At the Cinebistro Movie Theater in my part of Tampa, the girl at the ticket counter was nice. I was there by about 3:30 p.m. Not too many people had signed up for the 4:15 p.m. showing (Ayn Rand fans tend to have jobs), but the 7:00 p.m. showing was almost sold out, and tickets were still being sold for the 10:00 p.m. showing. This is all just a couple of hours ago. The movie is opening at three theaters in Tampa, but only one is anywhere close to where I am (and my entreaty to Freestaters in Florida apparently got blocked by the FSP censors on the email list), so there I was at the Cinebistro Theater. I handed out 20 or more of the flyers, opening with "Are we here to see Atlas Shrugged today?" People would smile happily and say "Yeah!" I'd then follow up with "Then I've got something for you! We've discovered where John Galt is!" The movie patrons would say "Where's that?" and I'd tell them "He's in New Hampshire with the Free State Project! Here. Read
      all about it." They'd happily take one of the flyers and scamper into the theater.

      Everyone, the people going to see Atlas Shrugged on any day, but especially on opening day, areprime recruits for the Free State Project! If you haven't considered going to a local theater where Atlas Shrugged is showing this weekend, do it now...for the Free State Project. This weekend theaters are going to be flooded with people who want to see the movie, and I'm considering driving all over Tampa to hit all three of them here. You can do the same in your city! It's fun! And it helps advance our chance for Liberty in Our Lifetime. Everyone may not be able to move to New Hampshire immediately, but we sure can help out the movement by spreading the word (and I'm constantly surprised at how many freedom-lovers haven't even heard of the FSP, much less been directed to our website so they can read about it). So up and at 'em, Porcupines! Print up some FSP flyers and get out there hand them out. Let everyone know about the Free State Project! They'll love
      you for it. (Me? I've got to get going tonight: The 7:00 p.m. showing is coming up, and I'll be there by 6:30 to hand out more flyers.) ---Tim Condon