FSP News - January 2011

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2011
      FSP News - January 2011 Porcfest 2011 - A Week Long Affair!
      Come on up to PorcFest, the World's greatest liberty festival!

      This year's event has been extended to encompass the whole week starting
      things out on Sunday (6/20). (Even longer if you come up for a vacay for
      the FSP tours!)

      By extending the time you can now come for the main event on the weekend
      or show up early and make even more friends than ever!

      Sign up for the newsletter to stay up to date on all the information.

      Show up a week early and take advantage of the new Free State Tours!
      From Sunday to Saturday (6/12-6/18) we'll take you to the various
      freedom communities and introduce you to the wild liberty activist in
      his/her natural environment! Scope out possible locations to move to!
      Participate in Live Free or Die activist opportunities!
      Meet the early movers at the many weekly social events!
      Interested? Email Tours@...

      Want to find something to do with the kids?
      Stay tuned for details on crafting, Olympics, family hikes and lots
      There is even plans for a kid's agorist exchange.

      Keep in Touch - Last Month's Happy Porcupine
      9ff&e> // Newsletter Signup

      Feel free to contact Porcfest@...
      @...> for questions about the event.

      If you are interested in vending you can also contact
      NHLF Cancelled
      It is with sadness, both personally and on behalf of the Free State
      Project, that I announce the cancellation of the February 2011 New
      Hampshire Liberty Forum. I was looking forward to this 5th annual
      Liberty Forum and I know some of you were, too.

      The overall news regarding the Free State Project is overwhelmingly
      positive. Officially, almost 900 of our over 10,000 participants now
      live in New Hampshire, though the real number is likely over 1,000 by
      now. Those people have demonstrated two things which prove the Free
      State Project can work and, indeed, is working:

      1.They have proven that there are hundreds, even thousands, of people
      who value freedom highly enough to uproot themselves and move to New
      Hampshire to work together with others to preserve it. Hundreds of
      actual movers turned what was once just a neat idea on the internet into
      a real, and quite legitimate, movement.

      2.They have proven that, once moving, they can actually be effective at
      increasing the level of freedom for all of the citizens of New
      Hampshire. Because of the actions of Free State Project participants,
      New Hampshire homeschoolers have a lower regulatory burden than before,
      New Hampshire's adults remain free to make responsible decisions about
      seatbelt use, New Hampshire taxpayers pay lower taxes than they would
      have otherwise, and New Hampshire citizens have increased freedom to
      carry or sell common types of knives.

      While these accomplishments are important and demonstrate the viability
      of the Free State Project, we have not yet arrived at a society in which
      the maximum role of government is the protection of peoples' rights to
      life, liberty, and property. All Free State Project participants agree
      to work towards that common goal and we're clearly making progress. We
      look forward to taking many more steps towards Liberty in our Lifetime.

      We hope you'll join us in our efforts. Success doesn't come free or
      without hard work. We continue to need two important contributions in
      order to effectively attract more new participants to the Free State
      Project: money, and volunteers.

      Our financial needs are a fraction of other organizations. In our entire
      history, we've spent less than many well-known organizations spend in a
      year, or even a quarter. The return on that investment is enormous:
      nearly 1,000 effective activists working towards freedom in a single
      state. No other organization has ever provided that kind of return at
      any price, never mind the shoestring we operate on. Nevertheless, we do
      have expenses and we will do our best to put your financial support to
      good use. Please consider helping by making a donation at
      http://freestateproject.org/donate <http://freestateproject.org/donate>

      Finally, and maybe most importantly, none of this would be possible
      without an army of volunteers. The Free State Project itself runs
      primarily on unpaid volunteers, from event staffing, to mailbox checking
      all the way to the President and Board of Directors. If we had to pay
      retail rates for the labor of love that has gone into the Free State
      Project, it would cost untold millions of dollars. The more people who
      volunteer to help promote the Free State Project, the more effective we
      become at attracting pro-liberty activists to New Hampshire. We need
      help with IT, advertising, public relations, local groups, events, and
      much more. If you'd like to spend a few hours a month of your time
      helping the Free State Project, please email

      Thank you again for your support through the years.

      Varrin Swearingen
      President, Free State Project
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Shire Silver's PorcFest 2011 Pre-order Deal
      For those PorcFest vendors who agree to display their prices in Shire
      Silver (non-exclusively) we offer a 2% discount for cards to be
      delivered on the Wednesday of PorcFest, with no delivery charge.
      Assuming that the value of the dollar continues to erode, this will
      ensure that the vendor retains real value. This is only valid for orders
      place at least two months before PorcFest.

      If early delivery is desired, arrangements can be made to ship the cards
      at cost. For most orders this will be in the $5-$10 range.

      Please email sales@... <mailto:sales@...> to
      place your order.
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> lists
      liberty-oriented New Hampshire events. The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> also tracks NH events. Check the
      calendars before a visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,692. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 10,613
      Participants in NH: 882
      as of 01/15/11

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      To unsubscribe from this list visit this link
      To update your preferences visit this link
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime