Advertise FSP on Facebook

  • vincerlcnh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2010
      I created a Facebook ad for FSP about a month ago. It's been viewed 300,000 times and it's only cost me $25! I got the idea by visiting the advertising page on the FSP site: http://freestateproject.org/advertisingcenter.

      Almost all 10,000+ members of FSP can afford $1/day!

      Here are a few tips from my experience so far:

      1. Set your Daily Budget at $1/day.
      2. Choose the "Pay for Views" option, NOT the "Pay for Clicks" option. You'll get a lot more impressions (views) for your buck.
      3. Set your Max Bid between $0.11 and $0.20. I usually set mine at $0.14. The more you monitor this, the more efficient your dollars will be (I check mine 1-2 times/day). The cost for advertising on Facebook changes throughout the day depending on how many people want to advertise and how much they're willing to pay.

      As for who to target, that's up to you! Do you want Ron Paul fans to move here? Target them! Do you want John Stossel fans, Andrew Napolitano fans, Gary Johnson fans, Civil Disobedience fans, Mises Institute fans? Target them! I chose to target Ron Paul fans in the northeastern states (except for NH residents).

      It's easy! Try it! For more information, check out the Facebook Advertising page on the FSP site: http://freestateproject.org/advertising/facebook_ads.

      For inspiration and a good laugh, check out this sweet video of our mascot, a porcupine, vs. a lion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r2rDBVFAv4