Re: [FSP] Undoing my FSP pledge

  • Dan McGuire
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
      Of course, we can't do anything about the weather. Arizona's a good choice
      if you want heat and open spaces.

      There used to be a terrific joke: "Everyone talks about the weather, but no
      one does anything about it." The global warming scam destroyed it.

      Dan

      On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Stephen <simplulo@...> wrote:

      > You could just as easily point to all the liberal Californians moving to
      > AZ. ;)
      > Pam, read the FSP News when it comes out tomorrow.
      >

      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com<freestateproject%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Dan McGuire <danmcguire@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > What liberals?? We just captured 75% of the legislature! Have you been
      > > out of the country for two weeks?
      > >
      > > Dan
      > >
      > > On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM, pbmaltzman <no_reply@yahoogroups.com<no_reply%40yahoogroups.com>
      > >wrote:
      > >

      > > > Is there a place on the FSP web site to un-do my pledge?
      > > >
      > > > I had signed on to the FSP some years ago, but it would be literally
      > > > impossible to get my guy to move there (I think I posted about this
      > before).
      > > > We've tentatively decided to move to the Kingman, Arizona area (or some
      > > > other place in the northern part of that state).
      > > >
      > > > My guy will not move to any place where there are harsh winters, and he
      > > > cannot drive. So... I am the permanent designated driver here.
      > > >
      > > > Wish I were going, but it's just not going to happen. I wish you all
      > the
      > > > best. Sorry about all those Taxachusetts liberals who have moved to NH.
      > > >
      > > > Pam Maltzman

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
        In English (unlike say in Russian or Finnish) "we" is a very flexible pronoun. As former chairman of the NH Republican Liberty Caucus, and one of the new reps, Dan has his own concept of "we", but it is probably not far from yours. A large chunk of the Republicans were pro-liberty candidates, e.g. 119 were endorsed by the NHLA:
        http://www.nhliberty.org/2010/endorsements
        http://www.rlc.org/endorsed-candidates-2010/
        13 were bona-fide free-staters, and a similar number were pre-staters (like-minded local candidates). Free-staters in the NH state legislature after the past three elections:
        2006: 1
        2008: 4
        2010: 13

        Mathematical exercise for the reader: try to fit a function to those data points.

        Expect to hear a lot more soon. I highly recommend coming to the next NH Liberty Forum to get the full picture:
        http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum
        February 24-27, 2011 in Nashua, NH.
        Mark your calendars.

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Thom <benchpress59@...> wrote:

        > No, Dan.  "We" did not capture 75% of the State Legislature.
        >
        > The Republican Party captured 75% of the State Legislature.
        >
        > BIG difference.

      • Curtis Fenimore
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 14, 2010
          Mathematical exercise for the reader: try to fit a function to those data points

          2006: 1
          2008: 4 (+3)
          2010: 13 (+ 3x3)

          2012: 40 (+ 3x3x3)