FSP News -- October 2010

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2010
      FSP News - October 2010 Liberty Forum
      We are gearing up for Liberty Forum. The event will be held February
      24-27, 2011, once again at the Crowne Plaza in Nashua. The core team is
      putting together the registration system as we speak. Expect an
      announcement on featured speakers and ticket availability and hotel
      reservations this month. If you would like to volunteer for the Forum,
      please send a note to libertyforum@...
      <mailto:libertyforum@...> indicating how you want to
      help. If you have any speaker suggestions, join the online discussion at
      http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=21660
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=21660> or send the
      details on the speaker(s) to libertyforum@...
      <mailto:libertyforum@...>
      You can follow on twitter @NHLF2011
      Libertopia
      Check out the extended trailer
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPLUQNwU6w> for Libertopia
      <http://www.libertopiafilm.com/> , a documentary about three member of
      the Free State Project.
      Merchandise
      Round about the capitol go;
      In the poison'd ideas throw.

      Fillet of a tax payer,
      In the cauldron sans a prayer;
      Ball of newt, and toe of boot,
      Wool o'er eyes, and dung for loot,

      Double, double spoil and rubble;
      freedom spurn and capital trouble.

      Sorry guys, didn't mean to scare you. (and sorry also to W. Shakespeare
      and his witches...)
      This time of year it's bad enough to be scared by ghosts and goblins,
      witches and wizards; but when you throw in stump speeches and stimulus
      packages, bailouts and bloviations, it's enough to send one running for
      the faucet to wash the damn spot of our political complicity. (For those
      of us still being complicit, that is) But do not fear, all is not lost.
      The Free State Project is alive and well. Well suited to Liberty in Our
      Lifetime. And speaking of suited, while you ruminate and digest over
      this year's slate of electable prospects (and there are some) you might
      as well look good doing it. An FSP t-shirt will show the world they have
      nothing to fear from you but their freedom. While you're at it, a Free
      State Project copper round is well suited to take the place of those
      microscopically copper-coated zinc plugs the government calls a penny,
      and they're worth a lot more. And when it's time to "suit up", nothing
      completes the ensemble better than an FSP lapel pin. We all know chants
      and talismans won't stop the creepy-crawly government from creeping and
      crawling up behind us with a machete, but the Free State Project is our
      best hope for keeping our overnight, giggling, scantily-clad sorority
      party as safe as possible.
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Free Staters win in NH Primary
      A dozen Free State Project participants, Republican and Democrat, won
      their primary in NH for elected office. How did pro-liberty activists do
      where you live?
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question.
      The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> lists
      liberty-oriented New Hampshire events. The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> also tracks NH events. Check the
      calendars before a visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH
      events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,676. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 10,444
      Participants in NH: 865
      as of 10/15/10

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime