Re: [FSP] Re: Re Moderation on this list...

  • Jody Underwood
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010
      I second Seth's suggestion that we end this discussion about moderation
      on this list. And don't force the moderators to disallow the posts --
      just stop posting.

      -Jody

      Seth Cohn wrote:

      > Tim, your argument are that the list is suffering due to over
      > moderation, and that things would change for the better if only the
      > moderation were lighter or nearly non-existent. I offered the chance
      > to prove yourself correct, and in fact see how many support your
      > views, by explicitly creating a new list, and as I said, telling
      > everyone on this list the address of the new list to sign up and join
      > you, you would, in effect, be immediately proved right or wrong. If
      > your list had all of the traffic, and fresh activity and this list
      > went quiet, I'm sure people would agree that you were right, and move
      > that the official FSP list be run like yours. The argument that all
      > of the folks are here is specious... either they are reading the list,
      > and agree with you silently (and a few not so silently), or they have
      > left the list due to all of the arguments, or they disagree with you.
      >
      > You refuse to take me up on the offer to make such a thing happen, so
      > essentially, you've shown that you really don't care about creating
      > such an environment, you only want to complain about _this_ list, and
      > who is running it, and that you can't post whatever you want.
      >
      > In short, if you _are_ removed from this list, nobody can say you
      > don't deserve it, as you were given not only years of grace, but the
      > chance to be proven correct at no cost to yourself. and refused it,
      > and just wanted to insist over and over you were right and the
      > moderators were wrong.
      >
      > Mr. Moderator(s), I ask that any future discussion on this entire
      > issue be ended (and moderated to stop it). As we say at town meeting,
      > move the question. (which in this case, Tim could easily do, by
      > creating a new list)
      >
      > Seth

    • PhilB
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010

        It has been around since 2003. It was created precisely as a place for posts and discussions that are off-topic here, and most of its members overlap with the members of this list. It is unmoderated, and Tim (or anyone else) is entirely to discuss anything even remotely related to freedom in New Hampshire on it.

        PhilB