Re: [FSP] Re: NEWS FLASH! PORCUPINE FREEDOM FESTIVAL GOING VIRAL THIS YEAR!

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 13, 2010
      All right, Curtis. I've been told you're a super-PorcFest guy (and don't
      think I don't apprecaite it!). And I'm working on what I've been told by the
      Rogers Campground people, so I could be getting bad information.
      *However, *with
      all that said, if you want to bet, I'll bet. I've got an ounce of silver to
      match yours (I think it's a Free State Project ounce, if I remember
      correctly). So let's get the terms of the bet clear: If 750 people come to
      the PorcFest, I win, right? ;--) Or...do more than 1,000 have to come in
      order to me to win? And how do we count? What about all those great
      anarchists who are going to crash the party and don't need no steenkin'
      papers? How do we count *them?* You tell me. I'm reasonable, and I think
      this is going to be a Breakthrough PorcFest, no matter how few people you've
      convinced to get their steenkin' papers (heh :--)). I'm willing to bet a
      silver ounce on what the Rogers people have imparted to me.

      In the meantime, YA'LL COME out there, so I can beat Curtis's boastful
      wager!!! BREAKTHROUGH PORCFEST THIS YEAR!!! ---Tim Condon

      On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Curtis Fenimore <cesar2569@...>wrote:

      > LOL, Tim, I guess you aren't too aware of my efforts of the last 300 days.
      >
      > Only someone unaware of my efforts could accuse me of "talking down the
      > PorcFest", or think I would want to "bad-mouth the PorcFest"
      >
      > Tell ya what, tune in to Free Talk Live tonight, and see just how negative
      > I am.
      >
      > But come on, if you're so sure of yourself, lets make this really
      > interesting.
      >
      > I have one Ounce of Silver, a NorFed Ron Paul. I'll wager that against any
      > generic 1 toz silver round, the over/under being 1000 attendees.
      > (I said 700, you said 1400, that gives you a slight advantage, if you're
      > really so sure of yourself)
      >
      > (Really, thats a REALLY crappy wager you offer, you must think very little
      > of me, and/or your chances)
      >
      > Ask around, I dont think you REALLY want to accept this wager, as I told
      > you before, I'm QUITE convinced I'm working with the most complete
      > information.
      > While you've basically admitted your estimation is based on the twisting of
      > something I MYSELF SAID.
      >
      > http://porcfest2010.com/
      >

      > http://www.facebook.com/SovereignCurtis
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Bill
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 29, 2010
        On 6/29/2010 2:48 PM, Tim Condon wrote:
        > Good idea, Bill. Define "offender." If an "offender" is someone a moderator
        > disagrees with politically or ideologically, we have a problem. If an
        > "offender" is someone who posts something a moderator doesn't think applies
        > to the Free State Project and/or its mission, but the writer does, we have a
        > problem. If an "offender" is someone a moderator doesn't like, and acts on
        > that dislike by virtue of his or her power as a moderator, we have a
        > problem. If an "offender" is someone who wants to pitch ideas or talk about
        > things that a moderator doesn't, and the moderator seizes upon the
        > opportunity to censor those ideas or things...then we've got a problem.
        >
        > Like I said, how about letting the free market of ideas, and the community,
        > take care of any problems in the absence of outright violations of Free
        > State Project ideals? (I.e. no racism, no bigotry, no advocating violence to
        > attain political ends, etc.) ---Tim Condon

        "Offender" in the context of the list in question. Someone whose posts
        are rejected for off-topic, spam, etc (in addition to racism, etc.). Are
        you saying the mods /currently/ block posts with which they merely
        disagree? Why would the definition change? Are you saying somebody who
        wants to post 50 male enhancement ads a day on this private property
        somehow has a right, and should just be left to his own devices, and
        other members simply must deal with it on their own or leave?

        I have absolutely no idea what percentage of posts are rejected around
        here currently. My own owned or moderated lists have none, but my
        largest is still under 200 members and is well hidden so it doesn't
        attract spammers. If there are essentially no rejections here, either
        (and as long as it mercifully stayed that way), then I'd absolutely
        second your suggestion. But if that's not the case, I offered what I
        consider a workable compromise. Or at least an experiment...
        --

        --= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
        --= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--