Re: [FSP] Re: NEWS FLASH! PORCUPINE FREEDOM FESTIVAL GOING VIRAL THIS YEAR!

  • Curtis Fenimore
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 12, 2010
      I offered you a wager, do you decline?

      ________________________________
      From: Tim Condon <tim@...>
      To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, June 11, 2010 11:01:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [FSP] Re: NEWS FLASH! PORCUPINE FREEDOM FESTIVAL GOING VIRAL THIS YEAR!

      I report what I was told by the Rogers Campground representatives. I note
      that you don't mention below that *all* the campsites are sold out, *all* the
      cabins are rented, *all* the trailers have been rented, and I've been told
      by friends in the Free State who want to attend that they're "on a waiting
      list" to get a place to stay at the campground. The hotel across the street
      has some vacancies? Great! Glad to hear it. I was told by the Rogers
      representative that all the hotels in Lancaster were filled (especially with
      the motorcycle rally taking place on the same weekend in town), and that
      they were actively talking to a hotel in the next town over that did have
      vacancies, so that the Rogers people could direct PorcFest people to that
      hotel if they needed to.

      You want to talk the PorcFest down, go to it, Curtis! I predict over a
      thousand people, based upon what I have been repeatedly told by the Rogers
      representatives. Maybe they're lying. You tell me. I could be wrong. ---Tim
      Condon

      On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Curtis Fenimore <cesar2569@...>wrote:

      > "Advance ticket sales aren't reflective of who's going to show up
      > (libertarians and other freedom-lovers don't tend to "get in line," for
      > one thing)."
      >
      > Considering ONLY 12 people registered at the event last year, I'd say YES,
      > advanced ticket sales are a great way to judge attendance for this event.
      >
      > "All hotel and motel rooms in Lancaster sold out"
      >
      > Not true. I JUST called the Cabot Motor Inn and Restaurant (the closest
      > hotel to Rogers) and they have vacancies for the weekend of PorcFest.
      >
      > And approximately half the RV spots are left.
      >
      > Furthermore, I've been in constant contact with Roger's and they admit the
      > estimate was based on something I said.
      >
      > If anyone is working with the most relevant information, it is myself. I
      > estimate 700 show up. You estimate 1400. Would you like to put money on
      > this?
      >
      > Sovereign Curtis
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Bill
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 29, 2010
        On 6/29/2010 2:48 PM, Tim Condon wrote:
        > Good idea, Bill. Define "offender." If an "offender" is someone a moderator
        > disagrees with politically or ideologically, we have a problem. If an
        > "offender" is someone who posts something a moderator doesn't think applies
        > to the Free State Project and/or its mission, but the writer does, we have a
        > problem. If an "offender" is someone a moderator doesn't like, and acts on
        > that dislike by virtue of his or her power as a moderator, we have a
        > problem. If an "offender" is someone who wants to pitch ideas or talk about
        > things that a moderator doesn't, and the moderator seizes upon the
        > opportunity to censor those ideas or things...then we've got a problem.
        >
        > Like I said, how about letting the free market of ideas, and the community,
        > take care of any problems in the absence of outright violations of Free
        > State Project ideals? (I.e. no racism, no bigotry, no advocating violence to
        > attain political ends, etc.) ---Tim Condon

        "Offender" in the context of the list in question. Someone whose posts
        are rejected for off-topic, spam, etc (in addition to racism, etc.). Are
        you saying the mods /currently/ block posts with which they merely
        disagree? Why would the definition change? Are you saying somebody who
        wants to post 50 male enhancement ads a day on this private property
        somehow has a right, and should just be left to his own devices, and
        other members simply must deal with it on their own or leave?

        I have absolutely no idea what percentage of posts are rejected around
        here currently. My own owned or moderated lists have none, but my
        largest is still under 200 members and is well hidden so it doesn't
        attract spammers. If there are essentially no rejections here, either
        (and as long as it mercifully stayed that way), then I'd absolutely
        second your suggestion. But if that's not the case, I offered what I
        consider a workable compromise. Or at least an experiment...
        --

        --= My life, my property, my decisions. =--
        --= BikerBill=- ©¿©¬ =--