Re: [FSP] Re: Traffic on the Freestateproject email list

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010
      Phil says: "All things Free State", yes, but "all things New Hampshire" not
      necessarily pertinent.

      And therein lies the problem. *Everything* that's going on in the Free State
      of New Hampshire is pertinent to people who are following the Free State
      Project and considering becoming participants. If there's "too much
      discussion" about New Hampshire on the list, then those who are offended can
      easily unsubscribe. Voila. Solution. It certainly beats a list with traffic
      of 6 or 8 emails per *month.*
      *
      *
      *As for "fundraising efforts for mainstream Republicans," how about
      mainstream Republicans who happen to be Freestaters? How about mainstream
      Democrats who are Freestaters? How about candidates from both parties who
      support the aims of the Free State Project as delineated on the home page of
      the FSP web site? Do you not think that people who have not yet moved to New
      Hampshire have an interest in what's happening politically in the Free
      State, who's running, what they stand for, and therefore which direction the
      Free State is moving in with reference to the clearly stated aims of the
      Free State Project? *
      *
      *
      *Grrrrr. Hellooooo. In my experience, most Freestaters in all their
      iterations are not much in favor of their words being "approved" or not when
      talking and debating politics in the Free State. ---Tim Condon*
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:38 AM, PhilB <phil@...> wrote:

      > Debates and discussion on this list are not being discouraged or
      > suppressed, Tim. ANY debate or discussion that pertains to the business of
      > the FSP is encouraged here. "All things Free State", yes, but "all things
      > New Hampshire" not necessarily pertinent.
      >
      > Traffic here was particularly high then because that was a huge decision
      > and event in the FSP. Obviously it's going to be less active in less
      > momentous moments. Right now, the biggest FSP item is the upcoming PorcFest,
      > and of course anything related to that has been approved and welcomed.
      > Anything relating to anything else FSP will be approved and welcomed.
      >
      > Fundraising efforts for mainstream Republicans, though Tim, are not that.
      >
      > PhilB
      >

      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com<freestateproject%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > We announced the voted-upon choice of the Free State at a press
      > conference
      > > in New York City on October 1, 2003. The first PorcFest (named by me as
      > The
      > > First Annual Porcupine Freedom Festival and Night on the Barricades) was
      > > held in June 2004. Look at the traffic on the list up to that time. Since
      > > then the traffic on this list has dwindled, and essentially been killed
      > off.
      > > This list *should* be a vibrant, active, argumentative, ongoing festival
      > of
      > > debate and discussion about "all things New Hampshire and Free State."
      > Why
      > > are debates and discussions on this list being discouraged and/or
      > > suppressed? ---Tim Condon

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2010
        As Curtis said, not everyone uses Yahoo groups anymore. We have some groups on Google, and the main place for discussion is the FSP's own forum:
        http://forum.freestateproject.org
        Even that forum is underutilized, in my opinion because it is not integrated with the FSP's member database. We hope to address that soon.

        --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "PhilB" <phil@...> wrote:

        > Debates and discussion on this list are not being discouraged or suppressed, Tim. ANY debate or discussion that pertains to the business of the FSP is encouraged here. "All things Free State", yes, but "all things New Hampshire" not necessarily pertinent.
        >
        > Traffic here was particularly high then because that was a huge decision and event in the FSP. Obviously it's going to be less active in less momentous moments. Right now, the biggest FSP item is the upcoming PorcFest, and of course anything related to that has been approved and welcomed. Anything relating to anything else FSP will be approved and welcomed.
        >
        > Fundraising efforts for mainstream Republicans, though Tim, are not that.
        >
        > PhilB
        >
        > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Tim Condon <tim@> wrote:
        > >
        > > We announced the voted-upon choice of the Free State at a press conference
        > > in New York City on October 1, 2003. The first PorcFest (named by me as The
        > > First Annual Porcupine Freedom Festival and Night on the Barricades) was
        > > held in June 2004. Look at the traffic on the list up to that time. Since
        > > then the traffic on this list has dwindled, and essentially been killed off.
        > > This list *should* be a vibrant, active, argumentative, ongoing festival of
        > > debate and discussion about "all things New Hampshire and Free State." Why
        > > are debates and discussions on this list being discouraged and/or
        > > suppressed? ---Tim Condon

      • PhilB
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2010
          We've been over this plenty of times before, Tim.

          Here is the quote directly from the front page of the FSP website:
          =====
          What the Free State Project is not... We are not a political action organization. We are not tied to any political party or organization; we do not run candidates for election, we do not financially support or endorse candidates, and we do not oppose or endorse legislation. All these things will be done by local activist organizations with which many Free Staters are involved.
          =====
          The mission of the FSP is to gather the people and get them there. Period. This list is for the dissemination of information pertinent to THAT mission. Period.