FSP News - May 2010

  • PhilB
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2010
      FSP News - May 2010 PorcFest 2010
      The 7th annual Porcupine Freedom Festival is just around the corner.
      Roger's Campground <http://www.rogerscampground.com/> in Lancaster, New
      Hampshire is THE place to be June 24th through the 27th If you can make
      it earlier in the week, all the better! Show up by Tuesday if you want
      to catch Dale's pancakes, Kate and Alec's ice cream social, and Rocco's
      talent show. Can't make it until Thursday? Don't worry! You can still
      catch most of the fun. Check out the PorcFest Website
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/festival> for a schedule of events
      and start planning your weekend in the Free State.
      [Stefan Molyneux]
      Meet blogger, essayist, author, and host of the Freedomain Radio, Stefan
      Molyneux, at Thursday's opening ceremony. Molyneux will kick off
      PorcFest with a rousing speech followed by Q&A. Stick around afterwards
      for the Launch Party, where you'll have the opportunity to meet and
      mingle with hundreds of liberty-lovers.

      [Michael Badnarik]
      Michael Badnarik, stepfather of the Constitution and 2004 Libertarian
      Party presidential candidate, will be "Lighting the fires of Liberty"
      with his 8-hour Constitution class on Thursday, 8am to 5pm. The course
      is $100 and includes a copy of his book Good to be King. Act NOW
      <http://porcfest10.eventbrite.com/> if you want to attend because space
      is running out!

      [Marc Stevens]
      Take the "Adventures in Legal Land" seminar from Marc Stevens. Learn how
      to write and file legal motions and to effectively cross-examine
      witnesses. Discover the nature of government and "due process"
      procedures. Learn why focing on a witness's competency and the facts is
      more effective than raising legal arguments. This 8-hour, $70 seminar is
      scheduled for Friday from 8am to 5pm. Space is limited, so register
      TODAY <http://porcfest10.eventbrite.com/> .

      Early-bird pricing ends soon! Register
      <http://porcfest10.eventbrite.com/> by May 15th and pay only $20 for a
      weekend of freedom, fun, and fellowship!
      To book your accommodation, call Roger's at 603-788-4885 or visit them
      online at www.rogerscampground.com/ <http://www.rogerscampground.com/> .
      See you in June! Since the Free State Project relies on the generosity
      of freedom lovers such as yourself, please consider contributing
      <http://www.freestateproject.org/volunteer/donate> to help support
      outreach events like the Porcupine Freedom Festival as well as effective
      advertising on liberty oriented sites. Your donation brings us closer to
      achieving Liberty in Our Lifetime.
      Great Speakers Announced for PorcFest 2010
      It just keeps on getting better. Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio
      <http://www.freedomainradio.com/> has announced he is accepting the
      offer to speak at PorcFest during the Opening Ceremony. Also, Michael
      Badnarik, step-father of the Constitution and Libertarian Party
      presidential candidate, will boil down a lifetime of scholarship into an
      8 hours course
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=20680.0> .

      Get your tickets today! <http://porcfest10.eventbrite.com/> Early-bird
      pricing ends May 15th. More details about PorcFest activites can be
      found here
      <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=20696.new#new> .
      Interview with FSP President Varrin Swearingen
      Sam Dodson has posted his interview
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVNb4Xp8Rtw> with Varrin Swearingen at
      the FSP's annual 2010 New Hampshire Liberty Forum. They discuss the
      actions of Free State Project participants who have moved to NH to get
      active for liberty and the underlying freedom message that ties it all
      together. See more FSP related videos on our YouTube channel
      <http://www.youtube.com/freestateprojectnh> .
      130+ Reasons to Move to Keene, NH
      Since Free State Project movers to New Hampshire are free to live
      anywhere in the state, some friendly competition has arisen amongst
      various cities and regions in NH. Recently, activists in Keene, NH have
      compiled a list of over 130 reasons
      <http://freekeene.com/reasons-to-move-to-keene/> to move to their city.
      And remember, these reasons are in addition to the 101 Reasons to move
      to New Hampshire <http://www.freestateproject.org/101Reasons> .
      Free State Project discussed on Freedom Watch
      On the April 13th edition of Freedom Watch, Walter Williams and Andrew
      Napolitano talk about the FSP. Walter Williams is an early endorser of
      the project <http://freestateproject.org/about/endorsements#ww> and
      Andrew Napolitano spoke at the FSP's NH Liberty Forum
      <http://www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum> . Video of the discussion
      is available here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCBiitIbGk#t=3m5s> .
      FSP Director Election Results
      Congratulations to Rich Goldman for winning the election to fill the
      open seat on the Free State Project Board of Directors. Results of the
      vote can be found at the CIVS
      <http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_e2781\
      65a97f260ac> website.
      Merchandise
      Since he's not around to argue the point, I'll say Christopher Gadsden
      would approve of the newly re-stocked Free State Project "Don't Tread on
      Me" t-shirt. Even if he were to argue the point, I'd just call it a
      Hopkins flag; that would really tick him off :) The shirt: it's an
      awesome Gadsden, sorry Esek, flag-inspired look. Instead of that Oh, so
      scary rattlesnake, there's an FSP Porcupine. It's cute. It's cuddly
      looking. But you don't want to mess with one. There were some
      discussions about updating the text as well as the graphic, but when
      "Don't Walk on Me", "Don't Crush Me", "Don't Quick-step on Me", "You
      Bad, Away Go Now", "Don't Repress, Tax, Regulate, Interfere, Nag,
      Coddle, nor Condescend Towards Me", and of course, the modern
      translation: "Don't F*** With Me" were all voted down, it seemed best to
      keep the original "Don't Tread on me" line of text. Available now in
      different sizes. Order yours today, sport it at PorcFest tomorrow (or in
      June, whatever). This shirt looks great getting photographed at your
      favorite rally/protest/storming the Bastille event. Show the world your
      (and you're) FSP!

      We also have the popular Puzzle Key Chains back in stock. New Hampshire
      quarter (er, rather, Treasury token coin), curious puzzle, great
      message, what's not to love? And they'll even hold your keys together.

      http://www.FreeStateProject.org/store
      <http://www.freestateproject.org/store>

      (Thanks to Gadsden.info for making it easy for me to name-drop and have
      it look like I know some history.)
      <http://freestateproject.org/> The Free State Project is an effort to
      recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are
      looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of
      life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political
      philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists
      at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for
      people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.
      freestateproject.org <http://freestateproject.org/> In New Hampshire
      Free State Blogs
      <http://freestateblogs.net/> What's happening in New Hampshire with
      the Free State Project? Free State Blogs <http://freestateblogs.net/>
      attempts to answer that question. The RidleyReport
      Videographer Dave Ridley from NHFree.com
      <http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php> is one of
      our Porcs on the scene in New Hampshire. See some of what's happening in
      the Free State on the RidleyReport <http://youtube.com/RidleyReport> .
      Check the NH Calendars
      The NH Underground Calendar
      <http://forum.nhunderground.com/index.php?action=calendar> lists
      liberty-oriented New Hampshire events. The NH Liberty Calendar
      <http://www.nhlibertycalendar.org/> also tracks NH events. Check the
      calendars before a visit or a move - you are welcome to attend NH
      events!
      FSP News Thanks & Statistics
      FSP News circulation: 14,627. Back issues
      <http://freestateproject.org/news/fspnews/> are available. Got FSP
      news? Please submit <mailto:newsletter@...> content by
      the 12th of the month. Thank you to all advertisers and contributors.

      FSP Participants - here are some quick links:

      * If you've moved to NH or otherwise changed your info, please update
      your contact info <http://freestateproject.org/user> or send a message
      to Moved@... <mailto:Moved@...> to
      let us know.

      * Find NH job info on the website
      <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/Jobs> - post your resume & check
      the FSP forum <http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0>
      for a job!

      * Check out NH housing and other community & logistical information
      at NH Info <http://freestateproject.org/nhinfo/>

      Are you ready to join the FSP, move to New Hampshire and work with us
      towards Liberty in Our Lifetime? Join here!
      <http://freestateproject.org/user/register>

      <http://www.porcupinerun.com/> Participants: 10,140
      Participants in NH: 813
      as of 05/15/10

      The Free State Project (FSP) is an effort to recruit 20,000 pro-liberty
      activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest
      practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum
      role of government is the protection of life, liberty and property. The
      work of creating and sustaining such a society in New Hampshire is the
      job of residents, including project participants, not the Free State
      Project itself.

      The FSP does not endorse any specific changes to government or
      strategies to achieve them. The FSP does not take positions on issues,
      candidates, legislation, places to move within New Hampshire, tactics or
      methods of action. The one stipulation the FSP does make is that people
      who promote violence, racial hatred, or bigotry are not welcome.

      Reporting by the FSP on participant activity or NH events on the
      website, in the newsletter, or in any other place does not represent
      support or endorsement and may not portray the diversity of opinions and
      activities that exists among participants.

      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      To update your preferences visit this link
      <http://phplist.freestateproject.org/?p=preferences&uid=f4dd431ae60c931a\
      a0366d00e30b2d8d>
      FSP Website: http://www.freestateproject.org Liberty in our Lifetime