Moderators - HELLO???

  • Seth Cohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2009
      Geez, instead of this list focusing on FSP items, we've now got
      religious discussions going on.

      If the current moderators aren't willing to enforce some sort of 'FSP
      related' topic limits, perhaps it's time to get some new moderators.
      I see at least a few people who vocally left the list, and I suspect
      dozens more left (or just stopped reading it entirely).

      Discussing JudeoChristian practices and history might be interesting
      to a few, but TAKE IT OFF THIS LIST.
      It's NOT FSP related, no matter how much you want it to be.
    • Chris Lawless
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2009
        I am a bad mode...

        I was hoping that the vocal ones would be then willing to be active to talk about how to recruit more liberty lovers to NH (or other FSP related items that I listed a few posts back)

        I figured that Gary T did have to get a chance to respond... I will block all offtopic posts.

        (I think that the other people left because of the volume not the topic though)

        I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2009
          I agree this has gone too far. It's not that I thought the discussions were on topic; it's that since nothing else was happening here I was going by the idea that if it wasn't harming anyone, then not to worry about it too much.

          We had started by trying to politely ask people to stay (or get) on topic, rather than going for enforcement first. But yes, it appears we will have to be more strict as moderators. I apologize to those who have been discomfited by the off-topic e-mails.

          Also, some on-topic discussion did occur as well, which would not have happened had we cut it off at the start. So relax. We're going to rein it in, but it's really just not that big a deal.

          PhilB