Fascist intimidation is growing in America

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
      The fascists in the Democratic Party are getting rather brazen these days,
      as shown below. Maybe we should invite Mr. Donohue to come to freedom and
      safety---and political asylum---in the Free State.

      [image: Investors.com Logo] <http://www.investors.com/Default.aspx>
      Print <http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/ArticlePrint.aspx?id=514701#>
      Close<http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/ArticlePrint.aspx?id=514701#>
      IBD EDITORIALS

      Thugs In Velvet

      Posted 08:08 PM ET

      [image: Donohue: A wanted
      man.]<http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/PhotoPopup.aspx?path=ISSb1209_ph091208_640x480.jpg&caption=Donohue%3a+A+wanted+man.>

      Donohue: A wanted man.View Enlarged
      Image<http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/PhotoPopup.aspx?path=ISSb1209_ph091208_640x480.jpg&caption=Donohue%3a+A+wanted+man.>

      *Politics:* A pack of leftists has put a $200,000 price on the head of the
      U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Tom Donohue. Oh, it's not a plot to kill him, they
      claim, only a bounty to get him arrested. It's one heck of a coarsening of
      U.S. politics.

      Is it just us, or is this the most despicable act the hipster left has come
      up with since MoveOn.org tried to smear General David Petraeus as General
      Betray-Us in a New York Times ad last year?

      Monday, Fox News reported that a coalition of 120 left-wing groups called
      "Velvet Revolution" issued an Old West-style "wanted" poster, complete with
      a tip hotline urging anyone connected with the Chamber president to come
      forward with information that will get him arrested. It offers guaranteed
      anonymity for tipsters.

      It's nothing but a fishing expedition, not to investigate a lawbreaker, but
      to silence dissent.

      Velvet Revolution says its campaign is based on the Chamber's opposition to
      the Obama administration's health care overhaul and cap-and-trade
      legislation.

      "The Chamber of Commerce, under Tom Donohue, has gone from a well-respected
      trade organization to an extremist political organization dedicated to
      corrupting American democracy by elevating the profits of big corporations
      over the well-being of the citizens they serve," the group's Web site reads.

      But unlike real democracy groups, the Velvet Revolution isn't interested in
      actually debating Donohue.

      "We now seek hard evidence that will stand up in the court of law; i.e.,
      documents, affidavits and testimony implicating Donohue in crimes; including
      fraud, tax violations, campaign finance violations, money laundering,
      insider trading, election tampering, pension fund and stockholder
      manipulations. We want to hear from insiders and whistle-blowers posessing
      (sic) information not already in the public domain."

      How this scheme could be legal is beyond us. Any investigation would be
      tainted by the payoff. It amounts to an incentive for someone to cook up
      false evidence with implications that the winner of the bounty has corrupt
      lawmen on the string waiting to act.

      But the biggest problem seems to be the malevolent tone the bounty sets,
      something that in the current political climate is only growing worse as the
      Obama administration does nothing to rein it in.

      For starters, it's a tactic straight out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules for
      Radicals," a book of prescriptions for community organizers: "Pick a target,
      freeze it, and personalize it."

      The second problem is that it's run by a nontransparent group of unknown
      funding. What little is known is on the group's Facebook site. It says the
      founders are Kevin Zeese and Brad Friedman, a couple of activists long
      associated with Democratic causes. Those are the same causes dear to
      MoveOn.org and various grass-roots groups funded by billionaire George
      Soros. Who the Velvet Revolution really represents is not known, but it's
      willing to act as political shock troops.

      The Obama political machine has not been pristine in its associations, given
      that radicals such as former green czar Van Jones and diversity czar Mark
      Lloyd found themselves easily at home in the Obama administration.

      Worse still, SEIU President Andy Stern still gets presidential face time
      even as thuggish acts out of that union go unpunished. Among these are the
      beat-down of political dissident Ken Gladney which still hasn't been
      prosecuted.

      What's more, the administration has shown little inclination to rein in
      out-of-control intimidators caught in the act of breaking the law, such as
      the Black Panthers, who frightened voters in Philadelphia in the 2008
      election.

      That makes the Velvet Revolution threats of prosecution all the more
      menacing. If this bounty on Donohue isn't a direct threat on democracy, what
      is?

    • Lynne Masters-Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
        Quick comment (because its after midnight, I need to get some sleep, and I
        hate controversy).

        The fascists in the Democratic Party are getting brazen. I guess the folks
        in the Republican Party who persecuted anyone disagreeing with them for the
        8 years of the Bush-Cheney bringing-down-of-America weren't the fascists I
        thought they were. After those 8 years of hearing how Clinton and the
        Democrats destroyed the country, less than a year into a Democratic
        administration there isn't a peep about where the Republicans took us.

        Do I have sympathy for anyone being targeted now? No more than I did for
        anyone being targeted before. Everyone elected or appointed needs to
        represent their constituency or the common good, or get the hell of that
        position. I want to move to NH because I want the government more or less
        out of my life and business, and I hear that this is the place I want to be.
        (The Live Free or Die motto doesn't hurt either.) I've had more restrictions
        placed on my civil liberties in the past decade than in the previous four. I
        chafed against mindless authority in school, in the military, and from
        employers. Do I think the FSP has the answer? I'm beginning to be unsure,
        but its still a major improvement on Georgia, where I'm stuck until our
        finances can be turned around.

        Lynne

        On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:

        > The fascists in the Democratic Party are getting rather brazen these days,
        > as shown below. Maybe we should invite Mr. Donohue to come to freedom and
        > safety---and political asylum---in the Free State.

      • Jeremy J. Olson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2009
          Sounds like a neat strategy that activists on this side of the spectrum
          could employ just as well.

          At 2009-12-09T02:42:13-0500, <tim@...> wrote:

          > The fascists in the Democratic Party are getting rather brazen these days,
          > as shown below. Maybe we should invite Mr. Donohue to come to freedom and
          > safety---and political asylum---in the Free State.
          > *Politics:* A pack of leftists has put a $200,000 price on the head of the

          [...]

          --
          Jeremy J. Olson
        • Eightiesoid
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2009
            It makes me think of Marxist Herbert Marcuse, who proposed similar tactics to Alinsky in a 1965 essay, "Repressive Tolerance": http://www.marcuse.org/herbert/pubs/60spubs/65repressivetolerance.htm The essay is sick, twisted and painful to read. It is also the intellectual (if it can be called that) foundation for political correctness. At the end of the essay, Marcuse gets to his point of silencing dissent by any necessary means. This is a taste of things to come...

            "The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2009
              To say that we abhor Democratic fascism is not to say that we don't abhor
              the same thing from the Republicans. Freestaters were at the forefront of
              fighting the PATRIOT Acts in New Hampshire, as well as Real ID during the
              Bush Presidency.

              As for President Clinton and the GOP Congress at the time...they'll all
              looking quite a bit better as time goes on. That president and congress
              bequeathed G.W. Bush a budget SURPLUS when Bush took office in 2001. It was
              also the last one, ever since....

              On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Lynne Masters-Lee <masterspieces@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2009
                My attitude was always I'd rather have a President screwing an intern rather
                than screwing his country, as a happy President seemed to encourage a happy
                economy. Uptight people (and many of the born-agains I've met) tend to not
                share the wealth.

                I'm also happy that we are once again able to collectively mourn all our
                fallen brothers and sisters, who have been hidden from our sight for eight
                years.

                Lynne