Re: [FSP] Recruitment around specific jobs

  • GaryT
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
      Well, I am a computer repairperson by trade, I intend to move to NH.
      While here in NY, I did get one job based upon my libertarian membership. Maybe as you say there may be more activism on that in NH.

      Gary T

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
        MECHANIC: At minimum, Hardy, I can tell you take your vehicles to (R/ep.)
        John Hikel (A+ NHLA) in Goffstown just outside Manchester. He's got a car
        repair shop and can fix anything (he fixed my truck when two other mechanics
        couldn't figure it out).

        LAWYER: (Rep.) Bill O'Brien (A+ NHLA), who has his office in Concord. He has
        about five cases now pending before the NH state supreme court that have
        been brought by various libertarians, and is defending at least two
        Freestaters in the criminal system (not real crimes, of course, but things
        like exercising various individual rights). Also Omer Ahern in Plymouth, NH.
        There are several other young lawyers coming up; I'm not sure Adam Rick has
        graduated and joined the bar, and there are at least a couple of others I
        know of.

        REAL ESTATE: There are several Freestater particpants and "friends" around
        the state who are in the real estate business.

        INTERNET SERVICES: Including web hosting and Internet access: Wallnet.com,
        owned by Bob Hull, who lives in Grafton, the Free Town.

        GUNSMITHING: Tony Stelik, a machinist and gunsmith who is often at Appleseed
        shoots. He lives in Grafton also.

        WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

        You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
        businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
        other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
        support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

        On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Hardy Macia <hardy@...> wrote:

        > I've needed an electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic,
        > dentist, and doctor since moving to NH.
        >
        > I've been able to find the builder, but none of the other job types to give
        > my money to, and I'd rather give my money to someone who I know won't use it
        > against my political goals. (Finding a libertarian currently in NH for my
        > needs would also work, but giving work to a FPSer would help movers
        > transition.)

      • Ron Helwig
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009
          On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:
          > INTERNET SERVICES: Including web hosting and Internet access: Wallnet.com,
          > owned by Bob Hull, who lives in Grafton, the Free Town.

          Jeremy Olson does good hosting as well. http://www.eprci.com/ (
          olson@... ) Many of your favorite sites are already hosted
          there.

          > WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

          There's also an affiliation of Freestaters at http://porcdesign.com/
          (I'm one of them) who have built many of your favorite sites.

          > You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
          > businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
          > other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
          > support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

          There have been several attempts at making such lists. Three of them
          at NHFree.com alone. I often think maybe I could do something similar
          to http://PorcManor.com but I don't see it as being financially worth
          my time. However, if someone were to *pay* me a decent amount, I'd hop
          right on it.

          Ron
        • Jeremy J. Olson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009
            At 2009-12-07T16:17:38-0500, <tim@...> wrote:

            > LAWYER: (Rep.) Bill O'Brien (A+ NHLA), who has his office in Concord. He has
            > about five cases now pending before the NH state supreme court that have
            > been brought by various libertarians, and is defending at least two
            > Freestaters in the criminal system (not real crimes, of course, but things
            > like exercising various individual rights). Also Omer Ahern in Plymouth, NH.
            > There are several other young lawyers coming up; I'm not sure Adam Rick has
            > graduated and joined the bar, and there are at least a couple of others I
            > know of.

            Seth Hipple, Adam Mackler, also.

            > REAL ESTATE: There are several Freestater particpants and "friends" around
            > the state who are in the real estate business.

            Mark Warden, David Walthour, also. I think Mackler is an RE lawyer.

            I do web hosting, too. http://www.eprci.com/services.

            > WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

            And this. :) And Ron Helwig, whom I usually work with---he does the
            design (Drupal), I do the hosting. Dan Garthwaite and Mike Barskey also
            do some of this, mostly in Drupal. Dale Everett does WordPress sites.

            Linda Lagana and Lou Eastman are the graphic designers we frequently
            work with.

            > You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
            > businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
            > other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
            > support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

            Amy Winters maintains a "Porcupine directory" similar in nature to this.

            --
            Jeremy J. Olson