Recruitment around specific jobs

  • Hardy Macia
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
      I've needed an electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic, dentist, and doctor since moving to NH.

      I've been able to find the builder, but none of the other job types to give my money to, and I'd rather give my money to someone who I know won't use it against my political goals. (Finding a libertarian currently in NH for my needs would also work, but giving work to a FPSer would help movers transition.)

    • Randy Newell
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
        What are the jobs you need completed as far as electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic goes and for what term in length? Is this for new construction on a temporary / short term basis? The mechanic position short or long term as well working on what?

        -Thanks

        I've needed an electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic, dentist, and doctor since moving to NH.

        I've been able to find the builder, but none of the other job types to give my money to, and I'd rather give my money to someone who I know won't use it against my political goals. (Finding a libertarian currently in NH for my needs would also work, but giving work to a FPSer would help movers transition.)

        Hardy Macia * Catamount Software * iPhone software development
        603-783-5011 * www.catamount. com * PocketMoney, MPG, CheckPlease

      • Jody Underwood
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
          And what part of NH?

          -Jody

          Randy Newell wrote:

          > What are the jobs you need completed as far as electrician, plumber,
          > building contractor, mechanic goes and for what term in length? Is this
          > for new construction on a temporary / short term basis? The mechanic
          > position short or long term as well working on what?
          >
          > -Thanks
          >
          > --- On Mon, 12/7/09, Hardy Macia <hardy@...
          > <mailto:hardy%40catamount.com>> wrote:
          >
          > From: Hardy Macia <hardy@... <mailto:hardy%40catamount.com>>
          > Subject: [FSP] Recruitment around specific jobs
          > To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:freestateproject%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 8:09 AM
          >

          > I've needed an electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic,
          > dentist, and doctor since moving to NH.
          >
          > I've been able to find the builder, but none of the other job types to
          > give my money to, and I'd rather give my money to someone who I know
          > won't use it against my political goals. (Finding a libertarian
          > currently in NH for my needs would also work, but giving work to a FPSer
          > would help movers transition.)

          > Hardy Macia * Catamount Software * iPhone software development
          > 603-783-5011 * www.catamount. com * PocketMoney, MPG, CheckPlease

        • GaryT
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
            Well, I am a computer repairperson by trade, I intend to move to NH.
            While here in NY, I did get one job based upon my libertarian membership. Maybe as you say there may be more activism on that in NH.

            Gary T

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
              MECHANIC: At minimum, Hardy, I can tell you take your vehicles to (R/ep.)
              John Hikel (A+ NHLA) in Goffstown just outside Manchester. He's got a car
              repair shop and can fix anything (he fixed my truck when two other mechanics
              couldn't figure it out).

              LAWYER: (Rep.) Bill O'Brien (A+ NHLA), who has his office in Concord. He has
              about five cases now pending before the NH state supreme court that have
              been brought by various libertarians, and is defending at least two
              Freestaters in the criminal system (not real crimes, of course, but things
              like exercising various individual rights). Also Omer Ahern in Plymouth, NH.
              There are several other young lawyers coming up; I'm not sure Adam Rick has
              graduated and joined the bar, and there are at least a couple of others I
              know of.

              REAL ESTATE: There are several Freestater particpants and "friends" around
              the state who are in the real estate business.

              INTERNET SERVICES: Including web hosting and Internet access: Wallnet.com,
              owned by Bob Hull, who lives in Grafton, the Free Town.

              GUNSMITHING: Tony Stelik, a machinist and gunsmith who is often at Appleseed
              shoots. He lives in Grafton also.

              WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

              You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
              businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
              other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
              support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

              On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Hardy Macia <hardy@...> wrote:

              > I've needed an electrician, plumber, building contractor, mechanic,
              > dentist, and doctor since moving to NH.
              >
              > I've been able to find the builder, but none of the other job types to give
              > my money to, and I'd rather give my money to someone who I know won't use it
              > against my political goals. (Finding a libertarian currently in NH for my
              > needs would also work, but giving work to a FPSer would help movers
              > transition.)

            • Ron Helwig
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009
                On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Tim Condon <tim@...> wrote:
                > INTERNET SERVICES: Including web hosting and Internet access: Wallnet.com,
                > owned by Bob Hull, who lives in Grafton, the Free Town.

                Jeremy Olson does good hosting as well. http://www.eprci.com/ (
                olson@... ) Many of your favorite sites are already hosted
                there.

                > WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

                There's also an affiliation of Freestaters at http://porcdesign.com/
                (I'm one of them) who have built many of your favorite sites.

                > You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
                > businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
                > other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
                > support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

                There have been several attempts at making such lists. Three of them
                at NHFree.com alone. I often think maybe I could do something similar
                to http://PorcManor.com but I don't see it as being financially worth
                my time. However, if someone were to *pay* me a decent amount, I'd hop
                right on it.

                Ron
              • Jeremy J. Olson
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 8, 2009
                  At 2009-12-07T16:17:38-0500, <tim@...> wrote:

                  > LAWYER: (Rep.) Bill O'Brien (A+ NHLA), who has his office in Concord. He has
                  > about five cases now pending before the NH state supreme court that have
                  > been brought by various libertarians, and is defending at least two
                  > Freestaters in the criminal system (not real crimes, of course, but things
                  > like exercising various individual rights). Also Omer Ahern in Plymouth, NH.
                  > There are several other young lawyers coming up; I'm not sure Adam Rick has
                  > graduated and joined the bar, and there are at least a couple of others I
                  > know of.

                  Seth Hipple, Adam Mackler, also.

                  > REAL ESTATE: There are several Freestater particpants and "friends" around
                  > the state who are in the real estate business.

                  Mark Warden, David Walthour, also. I think Mackler is an RE lawyer.

                  I do web hosting, too. http://www.eprci.com/services.

                  > WEB SITE DESIGN: Andrew Hemingway, in Bristol, NH.

                  And this. :) And Ron Helwig, whom I usually work with---he does the
                  design (Drupal), I do the hosting. Dan Garthwaite and Mike Barskey also
                  do some of this, mostly in Drupal. Dale Everett does WordPress sites.

                  Linda Lagana and Lou Eastman are the graphic designers we frequently
                  work with.

                  > You know, the Free State Project maybe ought to have some kind of index of
                  > businesses owned and services offered by libertarians, Freestaters, and
                  > other freedom-friendly people. We should keep our money in the family, and
                  > support those who support what we believe in. --Tim Condon

                  Amy Winters maintains a "Porcupine directory" similar in nature to this.

                  --
                  Jeremy J. Olson