Sarah Palin's book tour in Florida

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2009
      Michele and I happened to be in The Villages in Florida earlier today when
      Sarah Palin's Going Rogue book tour came to the Barnes & Noble there. We
      went over to join he crowd of 7,000 or 8,000 people on hand. I was in there
      wearing my Free State Project T-shirt, and guess who I got to talk to and
      tell about the Free State? ---Tim Condon

      [image:
      ?ui=2&view=att&th=125294ca1b92d76c&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125294ca1b92d76c&zw]

      [image:
      ?ui=2&view=att&th=125294d7774561a4&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125294d7774561a4&zw]

    • Carol Moore/Secession.Net
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 25, 2009
        Who? What did she say? Did you get it on tape? And was she just
        pandering? :-)

        --
        Carol Moore in DC
        http://carolmoore.net/

        NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
        the National Security Agency may have read this
        email without judicial or legislative oversight
        or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
        recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 25, 2009
          I never did get her name, but she was a dead ringer for Sarah. Nice lady.
          "Do you do this professionally, are you a regular impersonator?" I asked
          her. "No, this is just the way I look," she responded. Of course, the hair,
          the glasses, the red jacket, etc. helped a lot. Heh. Great fun. Those of you
          who haven't read Palin's book, "Going Rogue," owe it to yourselves to do so.
          Not a single review that I've read has penetrated the essence of the book,
          and the part of the book about the 2008 McCain campaign is far less
          interesting than the first half, which is about where Palin came from, and
          what formed her political ideas. She appears to be a true modern populist,
          and is thus an extremely deadly threat to the political class in America
          today, right up there with Jefferson's threat to the John Adams Federalists,
          and Andrew Jackson's later threat to John Quincy Adams and what were called
          "the corrupt aristocrats of the East." This is why the smear campaign
          against her by the political class and its media toadies has been so
          ferocious. ---Tim C.

          On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Carol Moore/Secession.Net <
          contacts@...> wrote:

          > Who? What did she say? Did you get it on tape? And was she just
          > pandering? :-)
          >
          > Tim Condon wrote:
          > > Michele and I happened to be in The Villages in Florida earlier today
          > when
          > > Sarah Palin's Going Rogue book tour came to the Barnes & Noble there. We
          > > went over to join he crowd of 7,000 or 8,000 people on hand. I was in
          > there
          > > wearing my Free State Project T-shirt, and guess who I got to talk to and
          > > tell about the Free State? ---Tim Condon
          > >
          > --
          > Carol Moore in DC
          > http://carolmoore.net/
          > http://carolmoorereport.blogspot.com/
          > http://youtube.com/carolmoore
          > http://secession.net
          > http://stopthewarnow.net
          > http://whatwouldgandhido.net
          > http://radicalbuttons.com
          >
          > NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
          > the National Security Agency may have read this
          > email without judicial or legislative oversight
          > or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
          > recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.

        • Jon Isaac
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2009
            Wow Tim, you're not going to get much support for Palinist Populism on this
            list -- at least I hope not. I hope you read the transcripts of her remarks
            during the debates, and reconsider your support for the lady. She knows less
            than George W Bush, and in her short campaign betrayed more of the ideals of
            liberty than he ever did. Your recommendation of candidates is starting to
            look like a Who's Who? of whom to vote against. Sorry.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 26, 2009
              Not to worry, Jon. I'm going to do a review of her book when I finish it.
              She has a very clear and plain record as governor in Alaska, and that was
              generated in only a couple of years. As I said, I believe the depth of the
              viciousness of the smear campaign against her is underlain by the fact that
              the Political Class is well aware that she is a huge threat to their ongoing
              scam. I give her some slack for whatever she said and did in the campaign,
              as she was a loyal teammate of McCain (even though his operatives were
              working to cut her down, being members of the Political Class themselves, of
              course). As to how she betrayed any ideals of liberty, by all means
              elucidate. I'd like to hear what you're referring to, as I see her as the
              antithesis of the Political Class operation that now controls the federal
              government. ---Tim Condon

            • GaryT
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 27, 2009
                Sarah Palin is a funny lady, mostly inconsequential, but with a lot of personality.
                If the GOP wants to put her into national political office, more power to them. It is obvious that she, although probably has some native intelligence, isn't very knowledgeable about much of anything except good basic living.
                A little hypocritical, but not more than most, full of plattitudes and is interesting to watch.

                A political force to be respected? Naw.

                Gary T

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 27, 2009
                  For those who dismiss Sarah Palin because she's "not very knowledgeable" or
                  "hypocritical," or "betrays the ideals of liberty" (all as noted at the
                  bottom of this post), I suggest actually knowing what she thinks and has to
                  say by reading her book, "Going Rogue." I also offer the following summation
                  of her governorship in Alaska, from an old politically astute Alaskan:

                  *August 08*
                  Alaskan Fisherman talks about Sarah Palin
                  *By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman

                  The last 45 of my 66 years I�ve spent in a commercial fishing town in
                  Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics
                  well until this last year. Here�s the breaking point: Neither side of the
                  Palin controversy gets it�It�s not about persona, style, rhetoric, it�s
                  about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I�m
                  about to mention here.

                  1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as
                  soon as Palin took the Governor�s office away from a fellow Republican and
                  tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican�s �Corrupt Bastards
                  Club� (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State
                  housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping
                  around the yard, throwing confetti and singing �la la la la� (well, you know
                  how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done
                  anything similar. But while you�re thinking, I�ll continue.

                  2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect
                  the huge, giant oil companies here. So, she constructed and enacted a new
                  system of splitting the oil profits called �ACES�. Exxon (the biggest
                  corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them �don�t let the door
                  hit you in the stern on your way out.� They stayed, and Alaska residents
                  went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other
                  huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the
                  name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

                  3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governor�s office is she
                  got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as
                  �pork�. She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the
                  �when-hell-freezes-over� stack. She let locals know that if we need
                  something built, we�ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use
                  the money she got from selling the previous governor�s jet because it was
                  extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the
                  governor�s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving
                  back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a
                  car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning�I
                  imagine�that she�s packing heat herself). I�m still waiting to hear the
                  names of those other governors.

                  4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed �gosh and golly� mannerism, she also
                  managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas
                  pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the
                  history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If
                  that doesn�t impress you, then you�re trying too hard to be unimpressed
                  while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies
                  with her other hand.
                  5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place
                  called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn�t
                  start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No
                  governor for 30 years could make them get started. This summer, she told
                  them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and
                  threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the
                  way to the court house. Alaska won again.

                  6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for
                  electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan
                  for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can
                  give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona .
                  Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that�s just a
                  cover-up. I�m still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other
                  governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won�t
                  be holding my breath.

                  By the way, she was content to to return to AK after the national election
                  and go to work, but the haters wouldn�t let her. Now these adolescent
                  screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what
                  happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it
                  will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.*

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 29, 2009
                    I would like to hear about the good aspects of Sarah Palin's affect.

                    Particularly insofar that she is libertarian in her political philosophy (if she has formalized one).
                    Obviously I am less interested in the traits that she has in common with Repubs/Conservs that are in common with libertarianism, that is a given - but rather what she has to offer in other political areas/perspectives.

                    I would be open to hear that, of course I am initially a bit skeptical.
                    (I would bet however, that Sarah Palin could be converted to libertarianism given exposure to the right mentor, ala Anakin & Palpatine.
                    She doesn't seem to have a strong fixed political philosophy, is easily impressionable, likes simple philosophies, already leans toward personal liberty, has enough skeletons in her closet to bias her to side with some of our more socially liberal precepts, and generally seem ripe for conversion.)

                    Gary T

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
                      That's an optimistic outlook, Gary, and not an unreasonable one. With regard
                      to what Palin's underlying philosophy of government is, perhaps the
                      following piece will give you some insight into that. I don't think Palin is
                      a "libertarian," and she's certainly not a "Libertarian," but her common
                      sense instincts are good. I would call her a live-and-let-live conservative
                      Republican in the mold of Ronald Reagan (whom she cites a number of times in
                      her book). This IMO is exactly what the Republican Party needs. People like
                      her can again bridge the gap between fiscal and social conservatives, an
                      alliance that is always politically victorious if it holds together. ---Tim
                      Condon

                      Palin in Wasilla: Mastery of governing detail, resistance to insider
                      assimilation<http://www.northstarnational.com/2009/11/24/palin-wasilla-mastery-governing-nuts-bolts-immunity-insider-assimilation/>
                      November 24th, 2009

                      **
                      *[image: Dan Calabrese]*

                      Dan Calabrese

                      *(Note: I do not plan to write a singular review of Sarah Palin�s book, *Going
                      Rogue*, but I do plan a series of pieces on different sections of the book �
                      with more emphasis on the information conveyed than on the literary quality.
                      This is the first of those pieces.)*
                      *[image: Substance.]*

                      Substance.

                      **

                      You can�t help but notice that just about everyone who is part of the
                      political establishment detests Sarah Palin. And you can�t help but notice
                      that Palin couldn�t care less.

                      Go HERE<http://www.northstarnational.com/2009/11/24/palin-wasilla-mastery-governing-nuts-bolts-immunity-insider-assimilation/>to
                      read the rest of the piece.