Re: [FSP] moderator switch

  • wolzybk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      Yes, I am still out here in CA, and I am well. We had been hoping to be early movers, but haven't moved yet. I work in medical R&D, and our finances (and prospects for jobhunting there) have been hard hit by both the economy and the uncertainty in our industry as to how badly Obama & crew are going to screw up the entire economic basis for everything we do.

      I may have a good project here starting soon, though, which would last up to about a year, and enable us to build a nest egg to move with, and give the economy, and whatever the results of the healthcare debacle turn out to be, a little time to settle out and recover.

      Also, my wife and I adopted a teenager two years ago, and decided to stay to get her through high school and launched. She graduated in May, and has been working, and will go to community college in the spring, so she's on her way pretty soon. It's turned out to have been a really rewarding experience for all of us, and did her a world of good to get her out of a family full of meth addicts and give her some stability, guidance, a good example, and most importantly simply a view that the world has more to offer than that.

      Life is good, and we'll get out there as soon as we can reasonably manage it.

      PhilB