Re: [RLCNH] Pls Digg... CBS picked this up

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2009
      Guns were allowed inside halls during the primaries. I openly carried in a
      forum where Mark Steyn and Jonah Goldberg were holding forth in front of a
      thousand or more people; I was in the front row about 30 feet from them.
      Right next door, about 120 feet away, in the same hall, separated only by a
      partition, Hillary Clinton was holding forth. I went over to see what she
      was saying, and there was no great alarm. New Hampshire is different. Our
      state motto is Live Free or Die. Those who don't understand that are welcome
      to stay in those states where individual freedoms and Constitutional rights
      are neither protected nor allowed. ---Tim Condon

      On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Spec Bowers <
      sbowers@...> wrote:

      > "Americans lose rights unless they exercise them."
      >
      > That's a good story. It's amazing that CBS would actually report it:
      >
      > "New Hampshire state law is pretty clear about protecting its
      > citizens' rights to carry firearms in public. Carrying a pistol or
      > revolver openly is permitted without a license...
      >
      > William Kostric took advantage of that law on Tuesday to show up
      > outside President Obama's Portsmouth, N.H. town hall meeting and hold
      > a sign saying "It Is Time To Water The Tree Of Liberty." ...
      >
      > MSNBC's Chris Matthews invited Kostric on his show and wondered why
      > "you're carrying a goddamned gun at a presidential event?" (Kostric's
      > reply: He was there peacefully, guns aren't unusual in New Hampshire,
      > and Americans lose rights unless they exercise them.)"
      >
      > Hat's off to Kostric.
      >
      > (The MSNBC reporters on the video can't even figure out that there is
      > a difference between being outside thousands of feet away from the
      > President and being inside where obviously the gun would not have
      > been allowed.)
      >
      > On Aug 11, 2009, at 11:24 PM, Chris Lawless wrote:
      >
      > > http://digg.com/politics/
      > > Gun_Toting_Man_Draws_Scrutiny_Outside_Obama_Town_Hall
      >
      > Spec Bowers
      > Sunapee, NH

    • Carol Moore/Secession.Net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2009
        Just saw this one - yow, that's the culture shock difference from
        me living in DC! Another reason to get out... (But to do it with a sign
        like that still is pushing the envelope...)

        --
        Carol Moore in DC
        http://carolmoore.net/

        NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
        the National Security Agency may have read this
        email without judicial or legislative oversight
        or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
        recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.